• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing of limited edition glasses?

gruve

Oakley Beginner
While I am a new poster in this forum I have been lurking for quite a while. I guess my question is what is everyone's opinion on the wearing of limited edition glasses. i.e. The new release of B-1b Frogskins? I was contemplating trying to get a pair when they become available but I don't care for shelf queens.

If you plan to keep the pair for your own personal use then wear it. If you plan on selling it at some point keep it as pristine as possible.

My opinion is that only an idiot spends what one spends on a pair of LE's - or a grail for that matter- to only leer at it in a display case.
If you were Justin Verlander would you do this to Kate Upton?

This.

People at stores are always like "whoa you actually wear your c6?" Of course. I paid enough for it. I'm damn sure gonna wear it. Same goes for anything. Fmj, carbon c6, etc when I get them, I'll wear them.

Same me i wear everything i have , dont care how much they cost.On the contrary i do not wear those that i think they do not suit me or i do not feel nice wearing them even if they make 30 usd.

I believe certain items should be preserved forever like fine works of art.

With that said.....if they are one of a kind then I think they should stay that way and be perfect for as long as possible.

IF they are limited to say 100-200 pairs or so I don't think buying multiple pairs to have one to wear and others to stare at are out of the question.

Those are my thoughts.

If I don't think I'll really wear them, then I won't buy them, regardless of how cool they may be and how much I may want them. One of the main reasons I don't have OTT or Medusa. Also why I'm questioning if I'll get a badman; they may end up being a little too "lifestyle" for my tastes; will have to try them to decide.