• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing Shades While Driving In The Rain. Wanna Get Some Thoughts And Views On This..

When it's raining or during a really cloudy day, I wear one of the following pairs, depending on which one I feel like wearing:

Monster Pup Custom Grey Smoke / Pink Iridium
Fives 1.0 Persimmon / Persimmon
Fives 3.0 Custom Crystal Blue / Amber Polarized
Unknown Overcast / G30 Black Iridium
Crosshair 1.0 White / G30
Dartboard White Camo / Titanium Clear
SI Straight Jacket 2.0 Desert / Amber Polarized
Split Jacket Infrared / Slate Iridium

To think I have thus far tried to avoid having any lenses with a high light transmission percentage. Since I'm basically blasted all year round by summer heat. Guess its time to source for something new preferably for an Xmas present. Ha!

Anyone have any experience with the G26 as stated above or perhaps a HI persimmon? With regards to gloomy conditions?

I feel like g26 would be tough due to the effects it has on colors, but I do love HI persimmon for gloomy days - another favorite lens!

2nd this on the Persimmon lens. I haven't had a rainy day to wear them on but on cloudy/overcast days they are awesome. They brighten everything up and make details much clearer. Feels much safer driving with them on overcast days than without.

Don't know what the difference is between HI Persimmon and regular Persimmon, but on the bike, the Persimmons are great for cloudy / overcast / rainy days. The contrast, along with the high transmission helps a lot.

For those of you that wear sunglasses to cut UV rays when driving, hate to burst your bubble, but your windshield and windows already cut almost all UV rays. That's why photochromic lenses don't work while in the car. I hope you're only wearing them to help you see better, cuz it definitely won't do anything for you in terms of cutting UV.

Don't know what the difference is between HI Persimmon and regular Persimmon, but on the bike, the Persimmons are great for cloudy / overcast / rainy days. The contrast, along with the high transmission helps a lot.

For those of you that wear sunglasses to cut UV rays when driving, hate to burst your bubble, but your windshield and windows already cut almost all UV rays. That's why photochromic lenses don't work while in the car. I hope you're only wearing them to help you see better, cuz it definitely won't do anything for you in terms of cutting UV.

you brought up a good point though. what's the difference between HI persimmon and regular persimmon?

you brought up a good point though. what's the difference between HI persimmon and regular persimmon?

Jono, I use either hi persimmon or hi yellow when it's raining but when it rains here it gets dark in a hurry. It helps cut down on the glare quite a bit. I also use the same at night while driving makes an incredible difference.

OO black iridium polarized are great in the rain. Too bad I can barely remember last time it rained here.

Have yet to have my OO BIP pairs with me when it rained, maybe I'll keep a pair in the car just in case. Been having very unpredictable weather recently. Ha! Been snooping around, damn those HI persimmon lenses sure are limited based on the number of models they have lenses for. Maybe I need Chop's help.

Latest Posts

Back