• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing Vs Displaying

FrogTastic

Friend of the Frog
London, UK
Wondered what collectors felt towards the about. I wear all my sunnies. From my original Frogs to the B1B, I just stock up of spare lenses just in case.

I think it's pointless to display a pair of sunglasses in a case at home, unseen and unused. I tend to think that sunglasses are best "displayed" on your face.

I wear all my sunglasses or at least i try to. Some of the rarer pieces i tend to wear less frequently. I also try to plan ahead for what i'm doing or where i'm going for the day. For example: if i'm going to be doing out door activities, i won't wear my X Metal XX's, but instead put on my Flak jackets. If i'm just going out shopping, then i'll put on a nicer pair.

I definitely wouldn't buy any ones I wouldn't wear. It's the absolute rule I cannot break because if I do it will just open the floodgates. LOL

i have a pretty mint pair of 0.3p and 0.5 and as much as would like to wear it and show them off common sense tells me to keep them in the display case... zeros tend to snap in half by the nose bridge and i just can't allow that to hapen

I wear everything as well. I can't think of anything I would buy that I wouldn't wear, even something odd like over the tops.

I try to wear everything I own. Some get worn less than others obviously but if I don't wear a pair for awhile I'll sell them.

Personally, I'm one of the ones that wear about half and about half are only used for display purposes. I never wear any of my artist series (17 pairs), Jupiter Camo Frogskins have never been worn. I've also never worn my Infinite Hero Radars. I have a pair of Tron Gascans I have never worn and I have a pair of Transformers Gascans I've never worn. I have doubles of both and have worn the other pairs. I have a pair of Tron Pit Boss I've only worn once. I consider myself a hard core collector and I have alot of pairs, especially my artist series and the like, that I have specifically for displaying, not wearing. I also never wear any of my three exclusive science fuel cells or any of the three holiday oil rigs. I'm too concerned they may get damaged from wearing or lost at a restaurant. I enjoy having them in the case and looking at them. I understand some think that's ridiculous, but for me it works. I plan on getting a C Six within the next month or so and I am sure I will maybe only wear it once a year....if that! However, it will look great in the case!

For the most part, I wear my custom Oil Rigs, Batwolf, Antix and Fuel Cell. The rest stay in the case and look pretty! I'd say I have a rotation of about 25 I wear, the other 50 or so rarely get touched!

Only about 5 percent of my collection is in current rotation. The rest are on display. There are many reasons for this but the primary reason is that as the collection grows there just is not enough hours in the day to put everything in rotation. Some are necessarily put aside. Another reason is I have been collecting for twenty years. As my style changes it is difficult to wear everything I used to wear without looking like a fashion disaster. Those that do not fit my current style are display case dwellers.

Latest Posts

Back