• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing x-metals daily?

I wear my x metal all the time 8 hrs a day as I drive for a living!!
As above you don't see many people wearing them last time was at the local car wash and we gave a knowing nod!!!

I wear my x metal all the time 8 hrs a day as I drive for a living!!
As above you don't see many people wearing them last time was at the local car wash and we gave a knowing nod!!!

I have 15 pairs of Juliets and 3 pairs of XS. I wear them pretty much anytime I am outside unless it is dark. I have one specific pair of Juliets that have Lingear rubbers and 3rd-party (Fuse) lenses that I use for the beach and any type of sport. I used to use O-Matter frames years ago, but they broke so often that I stick to the metals.

Hey guys, new here, and new to x-metals even though I have lusted for them ever since buying my Twentys back in 99.
Been reading a lot, and I see there's a fair amount of collectors here. While I don't see myself becoming a collector, (not because I don't want to, moreso just too many expensive hobbies), I'd love to get my hands on a couple pairs. I'm curious, how many of you folks wear x-metals on the daily? I don't mean in the house checking them out haha. With proper care can a guy enjoy them all the time? I wore my Twentys, Strait Jackets, and now valves anywhere from .5-10 hours a day, and got my eye on a pair of XS. Thanks fellas
No bro, they definitely were not meantto be worn. And your car definitely should stay in the garage at all times.

No bro, they definitely were not meantto be worn. And your car definitely should stay in the garage at all times.

Well that's why I asked lol. I can't just let stuff sit there, I need to enjoy it. Same as my car, a lot of guys like to keep the miles off for resale, but what fun is that!

I wear them every day also. The only time that I won't is when I know that I'll be out in the sun for a long while without a hat and as a result all sunblocked up. Bad for the x metal finish though someone will reply that you should wash them off before you store them- and find my logic flawed.
That having been said, on those rare occasions I'll wear Pit Bosses instead. But as a rule, x metals do. :)

I wear one of my Juliet pairs daily. I do switch to Radars or Half Jackets for most sport activities though..

Back