• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wearing x-metals daily?

All other finishes can be renewed for a reasonable price
Yup, can just touch up that JBR and Finito lol. :)
Really for more metals than you might think would lower their value- as in many cases where serialized. I mean that's maybe 5 times a year and I can usually dig up something respectable for those occasions. ;)

Well found what I hope to be a good buy on a pair of Carbon/black iridium X-squared. Should be a good introduction into a quality sunglass as long as they show up lol. I'm expecting to need to replace the lenses, but I'm okay with that.

i wear XS about 75 percent of the time and have been slowly ramping up to 90 percrnt of time, as my collection nears completion with 18 pairs XS and i become adept at taking care of them so they dont get lost or scratched.
i still find i kinda baby them as i learn how rough i can be with them and dialing in tightness of frame to head.
also, started stocking up on replacement lenses & rubbers for fav/most used pairs before they go into rotation.
if its workout/sports then i switch to RadarLocks and dont think about my shades at all cuz the metal is safe at home waiting for me.

70% of the time it's my X-Squared with Fire Iridium Polarized lens, my go to pair, just because it's got bigger eye coverage / peripheral vision vs. my Penny and Juliet.

The remaining 30% I wear my Romeo 1 (definitely a head turner), XX or Juliet. I rarely use my other X-metals (Penny, Romeo2, Half-X).

I wear my serialized Juliet blue polarized almost daily. I like to mix in my Ti02 and new Badman Prizm.

I might catch hell, but they are still X-Metals - I wear my Half X's daily no matter where I go, sometimes switch color combos, but they are the most comfortable X-Metals out there and I have only broke 1 hinge in about 7 years now. All my other serialized X-Metals stay in the case except for special occasions.

Back