• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Weight: Carbon Blade Vs Nanowire 2.0

RiskyTrousers

Oakley Beginner
Hey all,

Thought I'd share the respective weights between the Nanowire 2.0s and the Carbon Blades. Lightweight eyewear is pretty important to me so i busted out my trusty $7 Chinese scale.

Nanos: 18.8 grams
CBs: 21.7 grams

A little surprised the Nanos where a little lighter. The Carbon Blades feel lighter though, I put this down to the larger surface area in which pressure is spread on the arms.

C5DD0E7E-2A1E-4DDA-B6E8-5968ED5EA1FA_zpsq8amtkgw.jpg
9DB06788-94B4-4BD3-BEC4-118C8EB7299D_zpsdasf3hsm.jpg

Not too surprised. The CB has a full rim and thicker profiles, and was mainly made for the sake of being made of carbon fiber. Maybe the alloy is more dense, but there's really not much used.

imo the concern of weight is a little overrated. Fit really makes or breaks the felt presence of the frame, though I have heard of the case that people like the JC over the JFL because of the weight. That could still be argued as a case of the lack of unobtanium nosepiece since a lot of lifestyle pairs can slip.

Pool cues? Is that what the kids are calling it these days? Jk :)

I really dig the nanowire series personally. Carbon Blades are really nice. But I'm not in love with them yet.

Not too surprised. The CB has a full rim and thicker profiles, and was mainly made for the sake of being made of carbon fiber. Maybe the alloy is more dense, but there's really not much used.

imo the concern of weight is a little overrated. Fit really makes or breaks the felt presence of the frame, though I have heard of the case that people like the JC over the JFL because of the weight. That could still be argued as a case of the lack of unobtanium nosepiece since a lot of lifestyle pairs can slip.

I agree; really how well the weight is distributed is just as important as the weight itself.

Latest Posts

Back