• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Weight Issues..

KyleTheSid

Oakley Enthusiast
Hey guys I just went to an optometry shop that I didn't know existed and they had two empty cabinets..whether or not they are still an Oakley dealer I don't know yet I have to call tomorrow. I'm only 5'4 and 130 lbs. and I'm 14 years old so I obviously can't lift a double wide myself so if I could get your guys's input on how heavy the double wide is and how manyguys it takes to lift it. Thanks!

I'm not sure how heavy it is but I would say its pretty heavy. I'm not the strongest person but I would say safely like two -three people it would take to carry one. Deffinitly one person can't do it. Maybe if you get your hands on a hand truck or a dolly you might be able to do it with less people and effort.

Depends if it is the brushed aluminum or the newer black ones. The brushed are Much lighter, if you have a hand truck or a dolly you can move it around yourself. After you take the shelving out, not heavy at all, just big and awkward. The black double wide is a different beast, that must be the one Joben is talking about.

Thanks guys it is the black one! I was just asking to see if I should call some neighbors or family over to help move it...new question: How difficult is this thing to get up stairs? Haha

Gotta give the place a call and make sure it'll be mine but thats the plan is to get some professionals! haha thanks for the feedback guys!

Thanks guys it is the black one! I was just asking to see if I should call some neighbors or family over to help move it...new question: How difficult is this thing to get up stairs? Haha

Ha getting a double wide up the stairs is the only reason I did not purchase one when I had the chance. I thought I would be moving out soon for college and it was large I would never be able to use it. So I will buy one when I get my own place for good.

Back