• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Welcome Me To The Forum!

The_2nd_G

Oakley Beginner
New York
I was just aimlessly searching "Oakley" on the internet after purchasing a new pair of Flak Jackets and I came across this forum. I must say that what I thought of as an obsession is nothing compared to what I've seen here! Wow.

Here's my hopefully not-too-long story about how I became a fan of Oakley sunglasses...

In 1997, my friend's dad (I'll call him "Mr. C") was visiting from Cincinnati. He had a pair of original M Frames, and having never seen them before, I told him I thought they were cool. That was the only time we ever met, since unfortunately, about six months later, Mr. C passed away. My friend whent home to Cincinnati to attend the funeral and take care of his dad's estate. When he came back, he called me and told me he had something for me. His dad actually left the M Frames for me in his will! Well, that initial pair of Oakleys (and the incredible gesture made by Mr. C) hooked me instantly.

Sixteen years later, I have the descendant of the original pair (they were replaced twice by Oakley--once FOC, the other time for $50), together with a pair of Straight Jackets, two original Half Jackets, a pair of Monster Dogs, the aforementioned brand new pair of Flak Jackets, and lots of interchangable lenses. If you ask my wife, she'll say it's crazy having that many pairs of glasses. Obviously, as I said, it pales in comparison to some of you.

Now, let me continue poking around the forums!

GG

:welcome: to the forum. Nice story. If your wife thinks you're crazy now just wait til you get on the exchange forum.:)

At first I was going to give you a COOL STORY BRO but then I realized it is actually a great story :).

Back