• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What A Steal! Hopefully They Are Real :(

Zax

Chicago
Picked these up today from a CL fellow. I was offended when he offered me an extra pair of Ray-Ban's for around $70! Psh. Anyways, I think these are real. He's a "sunglass" collector of all styles and companies, and has a few Oakley's. These were absolutely disgusting when I picked them up. Had gunk between the nose pieces and the ear stems. Gave them a nice warm Oakley bath when I came home, and cleaned them up a bit. I think they are real, and hopefully they are. I couldn't get detailed pictures of the arm's, but the left one has the Oakley O Icon, and the right one has Made in the USA, CE, etc. No indication of "Splice" anywhere. No Oakley on the bridge either.

ydIaY.jpg

9SuJD.jpg

0uGB1.jpg

vvhxO.jpg

Sorry if the pics aren't the best. What do you guys think?

What color way is it though? Is this the Black Chrome w/ Black Iridium model? Looks so different than stock photos lol. I think that's what threw me off the most. Looks more brownish than black.

Yeah, these are the black chrome ones. Black chrome is indeed pretty brownish. If you take a look at my collection page at the Half Jacket I have, you can see that the Black Chrome always is a bit brown. For many colors the stock photos don't do them justice IMO.

No, mine do not say Splice anywhere on it. That's what got me nervous. Seems like they're legit though. They are much lighter than I anticipated haha. For some reason, I thought they looked like they were made out of light metal or something. Didn't know it was made out of O Matter! (At least I hope they're made out of O Matter haha)

Honestly, these are super comfortable and actually look good on me! Much different/more aggressive than my current models, but that's to be expected. I'm thinking of picking another one up. Do you guys know the average cost of these? I've seen a few on eBay, but not sure if they are overpriced or not.

ebay is generally overpriced for some pretty beat up pairs that a warm bath will make much difference. You may find some good deals every now and then as long as bidders don't get into a bidding war.

Nice pick up! Glad you like them. :smile:

Back