• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are My Oakleys Called

I can understand why some people would think they're XXs from the hammer stems because most Juliets have straight stems, but the guys here are right - they're Juliets.

There were a few special release Juliets with hammers but otherwise all Juliets with a polished finish have hammers.

The JB serial indicates Juliet Polished Blue (from o-review).

XXs look like Juliets with hammers but the orbitals are a little taller and the angle of the orbital break (where the screw is to change lenses) is different.

Nice pair!

An am I right I thinking that I cant get replacement lens from oakley any more?

If you want to stick OEM (highly recommended) but want something other than the limited selection Oakley offers for Juliets these days, get some custom cuts.

If you're not familiar with them, custom cuts are where you take a pair of genuine Oakley replacement lenses for a different frame style that has the proper curvature and size and cut them down for the frame you want. Most lens tints made by Oakley can be found in a replacement lens suitable to be donors for Juliet custom cuts, so it really broadens your choices.

There are several guys on this forum who will do custom cuts; I've done business with @InfiniteHero.

If your nosebridge is loose, THE X-MAN rules the forum for this. He also does other refinishing and customization stuff. He has a sticky thread in the X-Metal Discussion forum on this site.

Thanks how do I no what lens in have in them as I sent them to oakly for replacement and I dont no if they put the originals back?

With a few limited release exceptions, there are no markings on Oakley lenses that indicate what color they're supposed to be, but there's lots of guys on this forum with the expertise to identify them from a good set of pics in natural light. You should not only post pics of the outside color but also the color looking through them from the wearer's view so the base tint can be seen. Make sense?

Back