• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are my x-metal XX worth please?

thanks. I'm happy to help any serious buyer and will even send a video of me wiggling the nose bridge if necessary. The glasses are 17 years old but in as-new condition - as they have only been worn for a few hours in total.

Not keen on eBay so I want to list these on the OF exchange forum - but I need to state a price. Any suggestions please?.

$500 range

@Atticus with the ante!

My $02: High-level that pair with matching box is at least $500 rock bottom 'fire-sale' = you need the cash now, today, ASAP. Presuming the frame and lenses are in good condition , not perfect, but good to very good, wearable with nothing annoying. That frame alone in good [read: as-is usable] shape without lenses is worth at least $300 [without any lenses or box].

Note: It is hard to say something is mint or new after it has been worn, even unworn rubbers and gaskets deteriorate over time.

If:
1. You are confident the lenses are clean with no major scratches, imperfections or defects
2. The frame is clean, no scratches or shinny spots
3. The frame is relatively tight, the nose and arms move as they did when you bought them
4. Rubbers are still usable, not gummy or sticky
5. The box is complete with some extra nose bits, paperwork, and maybe some foam

Then:
I say you have a $600-$700 pair there, if they have a small scratch or three on the frame and/or lenses, but nothing major, and all else is in good shape you're probably still mid $500 to mid $600.

Now that I've set myself up for 'feedback' - I hope this helps you @Nnnnssss 🍻

@Atticus with the ante!

My $02: High-level that pair with matching box is at least $500 rock bottom 'fire-sale' = you need the cash now, today, ASAP. Presuming the frame and lenses are in good condition , not perfect, but good to very good, wearable with nothing annoying. That frame alone in good [read: as-is usable] shape without lenses is worth at least $300 [without any lenses or box].

Note: It is hard to say something is mint or new after it has been worn, even unworn rubbers and gaskets deteriorate over time.

If:
1. You are confident the lenses are clean with no major scratches, imperfections or defects
2. The frame is clean, no scratches or shinny spots
3. The frame is relatively tight, the nose and arms move as they did when you bought them
4. Rubbers are still usable, not gummy or sticky
5. The box is complete with some extra nose bits, paperwork, and maybe some foam

Then:
I say you have a $600-$700 pair there, if they have a small scratch or three on the frame and/or lenses, but nothing major, and all else is in good shape you're probably still mid $500 to mid $600.

Now that I've set myself up for 'feedback' - I hope this helps you @Nnnnssss

$700 range for the 3 box with the small coin like new...late versions.

Earlier versions are more like $500 unless truly NIB and then I’d say maybe mid $550 to $600.

You can get the frame like new with good lenses in the $400 to $450 range and the box adds $50 to $100...(you can do a search and find prices for frame with lenses and no box. They pop up quite often)

But, if someone is really looking for a pair of theses, ya may get lucky.

$700 range for the 3 box with the small coin like new...late versions.

Earlier versions are more like $500 unless truly NIB and then I’d say maybe mid $550 to $600.

You can get the frame like new with good lenses in the $400 to $450 range and the box adds $50 to $100...(you can do a search and find prices for frame with lenses and no box. They pop up quite often)

But, if someone is really looking for a pair of theses, ya may get lucky.

Plasma versions are more, BTW...this is just the XM and Tio2/24k versions.

I paid $500 for mine. Serial matched and cherry. I jumped on it like a fly on ****.

Sorry that was a TiO2 in the picture label box.

My regular one was $300

Latest Posts

Back