• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are these worth?

Oakley4523

Oakley Beginner
Hi! I've had these glasses for many years and finally thinking of selling. One of them has had new prism polarized lens out in by Oakley. What do you think I could expect to get for both pair?

EBEFCD99-3016-47DE-92FF-C74F702DA980.jpeg

0B922C1F-DC46-4D52-BA0B-860CC30DB8CE.jpeg

Just glasses $275-$350 for the J's $450-$550 for the P's My range is broad because it takes more info and many pictures to properly come up with a value. If you do have the boxes and all the insides you can add $50 and up to $100(again condition).

First pair looks like Juliet Plasma later gen. scuffs on the Nose bridge, and if you sent to Oakley for lenses and a tune, could be why there are marks on the top of the orbitals (same for the penny, more obvious). the lenses are polarized NOT Prizm. Oakley never officially made Prizm lenses for these glasses. $250 as pictures is about middle for it. More if serialized/matching box, etc but not much considering they arent in pristine condition might be better deal selling separately if you have the box if you wanna nickel/dime.

second pair looks to be TI Penny. not sure if lenses are original, if so TI/Ice. the tune mounts for the orbitals on these are standing out a bit more, classic late HQ tunes. or they could just be symmetrical scuffs? as is I say $300. $400 for a complete pair is a fair deal. I had (and I think I still do) a mint condition matched box set sit in the exchange for a while at $400, didn't throw it up on eBay though so you could probably get the $550 @xxrumkaxx had mentioned if it is complete and falsely advertised as "new" lol.

hope this helps.

First pair looks like Juliet Plasma later gen. scuffs on the Nose bridge, and if you sent to Oakley for lenses and a tune, could be why there are marks on the top of the orbitals (same for the penny, more obvious). the lenses are polarized NOT Prizm. Oakley never officially made Prizm lenses for these glasses. $250 as pictures is about middle for it. More if serialized/matching box, etc but not much considering they arent in pristine condition might be better deal selling separately if you have the box if you wanna nickel/dime.

second pair looks to be TI Penny. not sure if lenses are original, if so TI/Ice. the tune mounts for the orbitals on these are standing out a bit more, classic late HQ tunes. or they could just be symmetrical scuffs? as is I say $300. $400 for a complete pair is a fair deal. I had (and I think I still do) a mint condition matched box set sit in the exchange for a while at $400, didn't throw it up on eBay though so you could probably get the $550 @xxrumkaxx had mentioned if it is complete and falsely advertised as "new" lol.

hope this helps.
Still have that Penny?

ummm... maybe. I have a lot of stuff that I cant really see... Actually checked my old thread I sold the complete mint set for $450.

I’ve seal
That much for Penny’s?😳 @Wicked
I have dealt less with pennys over the years so could be off a click or two but seeing them sell that’s the range I’ve witnessed anyway. Seldom below $400 from what I have seen. I personally think they are over rated but we all have our favorites I guess! Haha!

hope this helps.
we should spread the word on your values cause I agree 100% that is what they are actually worth but lately starting late last year I’ve seen a jump in winning bids and completed sales not only glasses but watches to! $1750 for a yellow mm??? $1000 for a black? Used!!!! I am hoping it is a trend that levels back out as the same thing happened about 4-5 years ago. All of a sudden a penny sold for $650 on fleabay and then all of em were $550 up! Next season they went back to reality! I have yet to figure out the value system of this hobby but it is fun trying! I miss $400 R1’s myself!

Back