• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are these worth?

I’ve seal

I have dealt less with pennys over the years so could be off a click or two but seeing them sell that’s the range I’ve witnessed anyway. Seldom below $400 from what I have seen. I personally think they are over rated but we all have our favorites I guess! Haha!

we should spread the word on your values cause I agree 100% that is what they are actually worth but lately starting late last year I’ve seen a jump in winning bids and completed sales not only glasses but watches to! $1750 for a yellow mm??? $1000 for a black? Used!!!! I am hoping it is a trend that levels back out as the same thing happened about 4-5 years ago. All of a sudden a penny sold for $650 on fleabay and then all of em were $550 up! Next season they went back to reality! I have yet to figure out the value system of this hobby but it is fun trying! I miss $400 R1’s myself!
Yeah, I think when people ask on the forum, it should be implied that it is meant to be sold here. then take into account if they sell to someone they personally know, (less $, less risk, less admin cost) or if they sell on ebay via auction where they basically do a good job of saying they are "ultra-rare" and "never been worn", etc. but also adding in eBay fees, insurance, shipping, taxes etc. that can easily go to 20% so yeah, $400 pair, someone pays $520 out of pocket, then they don't want to sell for a loss after they try them on and see they don't fit =) now they are listed for $529 plus shipping, tax, etc.

I'm by no means an expert, but Penny's seem to be getting a premium on eBay the last few months. I've seen plenty of well-used condition pairs (clearly loose bridge, scratches and marks on the finish) with no box go for $500-$600. Also, unless the seller is upfront, a lot of times they don't disclose what kind of lens are on there so it's a gamble whether or not they are OEM or what. Finding one below $500 on eBay would be lucky right now >_<. Not a lot of people seem to be selling them right now either.

There are two on there right now - one for $900 and one for I think $1200. Hahaha.

I have my fingers crossed prices go back down to a more reasonable price. I have been itching to get a pair.

Thanks everyone. If anyone is interested in either of these pairs please let me know!
Go ahead and take them over to the x metal exchange and give lots of pics and details. You have an idea what’s a fair price now so set it and then negotiate if you please. Good luck selling them. It’s never hard when the price is fair and the description is honest!

Back