• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

Cool video from one of our Houston Hellcat owners :)

Just to give you an idea of what 707hp will do in a 4300lb car :)

LIke a woman in a new dress asking "how do I look?", you're being generous on the weight. That pig is closer to 4500 than 4300lbs. Likewise on the street anything can happen, especially when one driver is asleep at the light. :lol: If a two door sportscar is going to weight over 3800 lbs it better be armored or all metal, none of this fiberglass $h1t, otherwise no thanks.

Look at the mph on these and that is a mildly tuned Hellcat and a stock Huracan

Of course you can boost Huracan's as well;) It traps 187 in the 1/4

Don't get an RT - those 5.7 Hemis are junk...

I made the of mistake of getting one...

Nice cars, but the engine leaves a lot to be desired...

Depends on what I can get a 392 for when I go to get one. If I can find an SRT at a good price, I will get one, but I think I would be happy with a R/T. Not going to be racing it or trying to get any ridiculous power out of it.

Why do you say they are junk?

Depends on what I can get a 392 for when I go to get one. If I can find an SRT at a good price, I will get one, but I think I would be happy with a R/T. Not going to be racing it or trying to get any ridiculous power out of it.

Why do you say they are junk?
Because they don't make enough horsepower/torque to pull a 4200-4300lb car, competitively...

It's a perfect cruiser and I've never ever had any problems with the (5) HEMI powered cars/trucks I've had...

Just don't try to run 5.0's or SS's because you'll get worked...

Oh, and if you want to make them fast, it's really expensive because of the way the engine is designed...

Bolt-on mods don't do much on HEMIs mainly due to the function of what controls these cars: a speed density system

Bolt-ons just don't do much...

Mass Airflow Cars respond much better to bolt on mods...

Soooo, might as well get the car that comes with 485hp than the one with only 375hp...

FB_IMG_1459336343452.jpg
I wouldn't say the 5.7 is junk. I love my Challenger it's just not fast enough for me.

Last edited:
Because they don't make enough horsepower/torque to pull a 4200-4300lb car, competitively...

It's a perfect cruiser and I've never ever had any problems with the (5) HEMI powered cars/trucks I've had...

Just don't try to run 5.0's or SS's because you'll get worked...

Oh, and if you want to make them fast, it's really expensive because of the way the engine is designed...

Bolt-on mods don't do much on HEMIs mainly due to the function of what controls these cars: a speed density system

Bolt-ons just don't do much...

Mass Airflow Cars respond much better to bolt on mods...

Soooo, might as well get the car that comes with 485hp than the one with only 375hp...

keep in mind you are comparing a motor designed in the early 2000's (pre eagle 5.7L HEMI) to motors designed around 2010 (5.0L Cyote and late model LSA's) the fact that a 10 year older design is even in the comparison is quite remarkable. even more remarkable that they took that same old tech motor and found a way to bump it up 40hp to stay somewhat competitive 7 years after it came out. in the early 2000's when the pre eagle 5.7L HEMI came out it had quite a bit more power than the LS motors of it's time. no one was saying it was junk back then. quite the opposite actually.

these HEMI's actually respond well to bolt on's as far as NA V8's go. you might just be too used how factory turbo cars like the SRT4's you had gain crazy numbers with tunes, down pipes, ect.... NA V8's just don't get jumps in power that way from single bolt on's. Speed Density aren't any worse running just because of it being Speed Density. MAF is just easier to work with. yea Speed Density cars don't self adjust their current tunes as well as Mass Airflow cars do, but a tech who is any good at tuning can make the speed density car run just as good.

the 5.7's aren't junk, the pre eagle 5.7's are just out dated tech compared to more modern engines with variable valve timing, multiple cam shafts, ect... i will give you that before 07 the pre eagle HEMI's were known to drop valve seats on the stock heads though. the eagle 5.7's are great. the one in my truck (factory rated 395hp in the Ram R/T) with the 8 speed makes a truck that is way faster than it should be with how much it weighs. there are people in the high 12's with just a tune on those trucks and they weigh over 6000lbs.

Last edited:
keep in mind you are comparing a motor designed in the early 2000's (pre eagle 5.7L HEMI) to motors designed around 2010 (5.0L Cyote and late model LSA's) the fact that a 10 year older design is even in the comparison is quite remarkable. even more remarkable that they took that same old tech motor and found a way to bump it up 40hp to stay somewhat competitive 7 years after it came out. in the early 2000's when the pre eagle 5.7L HEMI came out it had quite a bit more power than the LS motors of it's time. no one was saying it was junk back then. quite the opposite actually.

these HEMI's actually respond well to bolt on's as far as NA V8's go. you might just be too used how factory turbo cars like the SRT4's you had gain crazy numbers with tunes, down pipes, ect.... NA V8's just don't get jumps in power that way from single bolt on's. Speed Density aren't any worse running just because of it being Speed Density. MAF is just easier to work with. yea Speed Density cars don't self adjust their current tunes as well as Mass Airflow cars do, but a tech who is any good at tuning can make the speed density car run just as good.

the 5.7's aren't junk, the pre eagle 5.7's are just out dated tech compared to more modern engines with variable valve timing, multiple cam shafts, ect... i will give you that before 07 the pre eagle HEMI's were known to drop valve seats on the stock heads though. the eagle 5.7's are great. the one in my truck (factory rated 395hp in the Ram R/T) with the 8 speed makes a truck that is way faster than it should be with how much it weighs. there are people in the high 12's with just a tune on those trucks and they weigh over 6000lbs.
I've had too many HEMIs to agree with you...

The 5.7 Eagle engine is stronger compared to the disaster that the 2003 HEMI was, but you can throw any bolt on at it with a tune and you'll get little gains from it...

Like XMan said, it's not junk, it's just slow...

Engine makes @ 320whp and 360wtq...not good at all for the heavy car it's bolted up to...

A cam swap costs an arm and a leg and the gains you get from it are decent, but not great like a GM...

Only big power you can get is to spend @ $10,000 and get a supercharger, but you can't run high boost on it because the ring lands will hate their lives...

I'll never own another 5.7 HEMI unless it's in a car that weighs 3600lbs....

Back