• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

Now I can REALLY feel like Batman.

It's not every day you get a chance to drive the 0-100 km/hr in 2.8 seconds Lamborghini Adventador SV roadster.

Yes. It really was INSANE. Most expensive car I've ever had the chance to drive. It has 7 gears and the highest gear I drove in was 3. Even then, it felt like wanting to surge forward even at 100 kph.

IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0382.JPG
IMG_0399.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0404.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0425.JPG

Now I can REALLY feel like Batman.

It's not every day you get a chance to drive the 0-100 km/hr in 2.8 seconds Lamborghini Adventador SV roadster.

Yes. It really was INSANE. Most expensive car I've ever had the chance to drive. It has 7 gears and the highest gear I drove in was 3. Even then, it felt like wanting to surge forward even at 100 kph.

View attachment 358795 View attachment 358796 View attachment 358797 View attachment 358798 View attachment 358799 View attachment 358800 View attachment 358801 View attachment 358802 View attachment 358803 View attachment 358804 View attachment 358805
What you're neglecting to tell us is all these fancy cars you're driving are really yours. :p

Did the Lexus Performance Driving event today — the free one with some light AutoX runs.

Started with drag/braking runs using the IS and RC 350 F.
Then AutoX practice with the GS and RC F.
Then timed AutoX with the LC500.

I liked the GS F a lot. LC500 is underwhelming from a performance standpoint, but sound and interior is amazing. For the money I'd want something more exciting.

All those cars really boldfaced how outdated my Z feels for better/worse. The ABS systems in conjunction with the dynamic suspension were really nice. Driving aids (we had to keep them on), act much more smoothly vs the stutter I get in the Z when something kicks in. Main issue across the board imo was identity. They're straight up trickling in between sport and luxury. It's not like a GT that aims to capture the best of both worlds, Lexus seemingly just goes "right in the middle" — like, "don't stray too far into sport or luxury" vs. "put all the aspects of sport and luxury into one"...if that makes sense.

Did the Lexus Performance Driving event today — the free one with some light AutoX runs.

Started with drag/braking runs using the IS and RC 350 F.
Then AutoX practice with the GS and RC F.
Then timed AutoX with the LC500.

I liked the GS F a lot. LC500 is underwhelming from a performance standpoint, but sound and interior is amazing. For the money I'd want something more exciting.

All those cars really boldfaced how outdated my Z feels for better/worse. The ABS systems in conjunction with the dynamic suspension were really nice. Driving aids (we had to keep them on), act much more smoothly vs the stutter I get in the Z when something kicks in. Main issue across the board imo was identity. They're straight up trickling in between sport and luxury. It's not like a GT that aims to capture the best of both worlds, Lexus seemingly just goes "right in the middle" — like, "don't stray too far into sport or luxury" vs. "put all the aspects of sport and luxury into one"...if that makes sense.

They're one of the few that still use torque converters. That's a good thing and bad thing. One, you won't have to replace the clutch packs unlike in a dual clutch transmission. However, shifts aren't going to be that fast. Although, I have noticed that as long as you leave the torque converter in auto sport mode and don't try to use the paddle shifters, the shifts are pretty quick.

I keep it pretty simple.
The daily driver. '05 Explorer slightly tuned V8 AWD.
DSC00622.JPG

The "When I want to make a good impression" driver. '09 Mercedes C300 with 52,000 mi.
DSC00567.JPG

The "Am I ever going to finish this project". '98 Explorer Sport. Complete V8 drivetrain swap from a '98 4 door Explorer.
DSC00611.JPG

Last edited:
Just finished a little change-up. I've always liked the luxury version of the M-B grill and hood ornament better than the sport version. So I picked up some new parts and did a swap. Still waiting for the lower grill (that some clown put his trailer hitch through) to come in. Best part is if I get bored with the look I change it again.
Before:
DSC00567.JPG

After:
0729172033.jpg
0729172033a.jpg
0729172033b.jpg

Latest Posts

Back