• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are Your Biggest Oakley Disappointments?

My biggest disappointment is that because I'm a distributor through Luxottica, NOT BY CHOICE BY THE WAY, I can't always order all the same products as sunglasses hut or Oakley.com
I am an "Optical" account. As a certified optician, and a skilled on at that, shouldn't I have access to more, and better products?!

My pet peeve at the moment is the Sliver line. Yes, I like the Sliver. But does Oakley need to have 10,000 different Sliver lines??? Brand and line dilution is the worst thing ever! And also, why come up with a new line that looks exactly like a Sliver (Mainlink)?? Marketing and design are definitely brain dead at 1 Icon.

I'd have to say the "Tail" line. The frame less lenses seem too big (for me anyway) and the frames are just not sturdy enough. Don't like the way the twist in the arms protrudes from your face. I'd like to see a better done aviator style frame then what they've put out recently. So, Oakley if you're listening, maybe like a smaller Crosshair lens with a Plaintiff or even a Tincan/Tinfoil like stem. I think the hollowpoint hinge would be nice as well. Just an idea

that's because marketing and design, no matter what anyone continues to say/claim, is coming more from Piazzale Cadorna than it is 1 Icon
Can you point us towards evidence of this, please?
I know that Lux holds the purse strings, but I'd be interested in your knowledge of where the design/marketing teams lie in the internal Lux/Oakley structure, that would lead you to so confidently make the above claim.
Cheers.

I'm more of an Oakley shoe wearer, only disappointments are, how bad the brazil type ones last, specially the inner lining to the older versions when JJ was in control of Oakley.

Not sure if the shoe line will comeback, either.

As for the sunglasses range, i have issues of fit, some fit fine, others that i like, don't fit. I have same issues with prescription frames too.

Lastly, I'm a bloke that loves the Ellipse Icon that screams Oakley, the clothing range is very limited here in Australia.

Oddly enough I have a biggish head (7 1/4 - 7 3/8 hat) and yet, the frogskins work really well. My bigger problem is that while my face is well proportioned, the asian broader cheek sorta isnt always conducive to all oakley frames. Jupiter squared, frogskins, two face, tinfoil all work. Juliets, garage rock, on the other hand.. do not

Oddly enough I have a biggish head (7 1/4 - 7 3/8 hat) and yet, the frogskins work really well. My bigger problem is that while my face is well proportioned, the asian broader cheek sorta isnt always conducive to all oakley frames. Jupiter squared, frogskins, two face, tinfoil all work. Juliets, garage rock, on the other hand.. do not
I believe 7 1/4 3/8 1/5 is around an average sized head ... That's my size and a I wear Frog and Juliets quite well ...

@QLR1 what size hat do you wear? ;)

Now DAT'S big!!! (TWSS)

Back