• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What are your favorite kind of lenses to drive with? Why?

Much as I was a non-believer, a buddy of mine suggested violet and fire iridium and they actually work great.

Otherwise my go to is black iridium as an end all be all lens

same doubt,

had read that the + red are indicated to the road....

once i tried the bronze pol and it was an ´´experience´´....when i look to the water on the floor, cut all the glare...even could see through.....very intended to get one bronze.............bip, ice ..are fine but no contrast...wanting some contrast ...

Tungsten for all driving conditions and chrome for an all around bad ass look:newrussian:

Why Tungsten? I hear ya about the chrome irid polar...I have them on my polished juliets, and on my polished pennys (I have the lenses and frames, just need to get the lenses cut). Same for the 24K polar iridium...

Why Tungsten? I hear ya about the chrome irid polar...I have them on my polished juliets, and on my polished pennys (I have the lenses and frames, just need to get the lenses cut). Same for the 24K polar iridium...
I love the contrast of the tungsten,it's kinda like the vr28BI but seems to cover a wider variety of conditions,imo..it also is very easy on the eyes when wearing for extended periods of time

I work as a driver. I literally spend more time driving than doing anything else and "safety is my profession". I deal with changing light conditions on a daily basis.

I have arrived at the ultimate rotation for the safest, most pleasurable driving possible. They are either M2 frame or Batwolf because of complete peripheral coverage (and I am basically partial to shield lens).

Prizm Daily is the ultimate driving lens, and probably the best sunglass lens period. It is remarkably soothing to the eyes. Since picking it up recently wear this one the most, sometimes I forget I have it on and I'm reluctant to take it off.

Tungsten iridium polarized is next, for the alternate tint and dealing with glare, but the particular tint allows for very precise vision.

Tungsten doesn't deal with extreme sunlight as well as VR28 BIP... however I have phased out BIP because even on sunny days, I will sometimes drive through the forest, BIP can actually be dangerous at times so the contrast VR28 lens is far preferable.

Prizm Trail should be called Prizm Rain honestly... it makes rainy days look so beautiful I like to put it on and feel superior to everyone.

So there ya have it from a guy who lives and breathes on the road.

Tungsten polarized and OO BIP work best for me and cover a wide range of conditions for me, VR28 BIP are also good. Grey and VR28 polarized are also good, but a bit light on sunny days. BIP often feel too dark in areas that are in the shade, but work great on sunny days. I haven't tried Prizm daily yet, but might give them a go as a custom cut for Juliets at some time.

Tungsten Polarized would be my recommendation as well. My favorite driving specific glasses made by Serengeti are amber/brown polarized. It cuts glare and is contrasty for sharper differentiation between road and vehicles as well as holes and cracks in the road. BIP, or other neutral lenses just wouldn't have enough contrast for shadows or changing light conditions.

Back