• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What can i do with Holbrook RX frames i no longer need?

sevenfourate

Oakley Beginner
So I bought two pairs of Holbrook RX frames in June - and had my prescription lenses put in them.

I'm about to go to contact lenses - and have other prescription glasses I'll keep "just in case" - but would now like to put normal sunglasses lenses back into the RX frames.

Is anything different about the RX frames? Can I put standard Holbrook sunglasses lenses back into the frames with no issues? Or?

I believe the lens measurements are off, just slightly. I have a pair of Holbrook RX, also, and went to swap with lenses out of my Jupiter camo Holbrook, and they were too big.

be wary with Holbrook lenses as early pairs have 55mm width lenses where later pairs have 57mm lenses - not sure what rx pairs would need.
i have a few pairs for 57mm width.
f6f1aeab6ed00e2604a2ab90479af2e7.jpg

I bet I can take regular Holbrook lenses and cut them to fit in the Holbrook RX easy.

Go find a donor and pay me $42 to cut. Then you'll have sunglasses for contact lens days.

Quoting in Dollars - i can only say if you were 3000 miles closer i'd have loved to take you up on that offer thankyou. But shipping and UK taxes means thats very cost prohibitive. I'vre managed to sell the frames easily today - so will just now buy some 'stock' sunnies.

Cheers guys.

Back