• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Color Is My Lense? What Others Are Similar?

TexasHeat

Oakley Beginner
Waco, Texas
My baseball /softball Oakleys have been great. What I like most about them is how bright/orange they make everything appear on the baseball field. Newby questions here, so forgive my.

1) What color are my lenses and what makes them give that look I like?

2) why do my Oakleys on the right seem so much darker when looking through them versus the pair on the right?

3) what other colors have a lighter transparency in the heater lenses?

4) Is there a heater lense in grey, slate, lighter black or even a mirror reflection that doesn't seem so dark when wearing them? I have to have that lighter transparency on the field but would prefer a more neutral color lense for certain game conditions.

meramuse.jpg
peja4aby.jpg

I think the heater lens is blue iridium. They have a VR28 base with an iridium coating on the outside. The VR28 base provides contrast which makes certain colors stand out more. The pair on the right have a grey lens base which does not provide contrast. You could try fire but that might be too dark. On oakley's website they have a light emissions app you can use.

It looks like those are Blue Iridium, which is a VR28 base with blue iridium coating. The VR28 base lens color is fantastic at highlighting red colors, as well as orange and yellow (warm colors).

They feel lighter because they ARE a brighter lens. It looks like your other lens is a black iridium, which is much darker. Blue is a 15% lens, while black is a 10% lens. The VR28 base will also let in more light from the longer wavelengths (the red spectrum) so it may seem brighter than a neutral (grey) tinted lens that is also 15%.

The Heater shape has a LOT of lens colors available. Right now would be the time to get them, since the M Frame is being discontinued. But yes, Slate is available (23%), G30 (30%), standard VR28 (28%), VR50 (50%), Persimmon (61%), Yellow (86%), among others. As far as *neutral* tints, you'd likely be looking at Grey (18%) or Slate as your only grey options.

Just in case you're not aware, the VR28 Black Iridium will be a darker lens, darker that your Blue lens, with the same base color as your blue lens.

Just in case you're not aware, the VR28 Black Iridium will be a darker lens, darker that your Blue lens, with the same base color as your blue lens.

What is the most transperent (sp?) black, grey, smoke lens out there? (ie- lightest) I have an orange frame color, so I want a neutral lense color FYI that is lightest.

Back