• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What did I get for $5.00 at a yard sale today?

wow congrats! the frame looks in excellent condition! mint? was it contained in anything? how about the lenses? usable? not that any of that matters at $5 but I'm curious!

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Should I restore it too original and cut emerald iridium lenses for it, Polish it to a mirror finish, chrome plate it, or trade it square up for a plasma R1 frame. Hmmmmmm

Thoughts?

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Should I restore it too original and cut emerald iridium lenses for it, Polish it to a mirror finish, chrome plate it, or trade it square up for a plasma R1 frame. Hmmmmmm

Thoughts?
Anything that does not involve cutting Big Taco lenses gets my vote.

Damn. How about some pixie dust instead?

I like shiny things, chrome it up.

Hate to burst your bubble, pixie dust is not real, but freshly cut big taco dust is!!!

Care to sample??

b5edaab0577b789b21da94a223467505.jpg

Yea that is authentic OEM taco dust. From a freshly chopped set of lenses, even if you don't get it in your eyes, just seeing the pic should make you tear up.....

Hate to burst your bubble, pixie dust is not real, but freshly cut big taco dust is!!!

Care to sample??

b5edaab0577b789b21da94a223467505.jpg

Yea that is authentic OEM taco dust. From a freshly chopped set of lenses, even if you don't get it in your eyes, just seeing the pic should make you tear up.....
No. There is no need.

You are ruthless!

I imagine theres scores like this at a lot of garage sales. I wish I had the discipline to go every saturday. Great score!
If only I could scour them in my underwear and office chair..

Back