• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Did You Buy Today (for The Smaller Stuff)

Snagged these from Michigan. Not very familiar with the Mars and Price seemed to Low. So Thanks to @Chet Manley for the confirmation of authenticity of the pair.
20210226_085136[1].jpg

Bit of an excess exercise to accomplish a very particular combo.

Jawbreaker accent parts from (ring/carrier/jaw/stems) from a complete pair (OO9290-10) I recently got from @Alfred_Buchi (great seller)
+
Matte Black main frame + latches from OO9290-2031 (got this from @Chris A Hardaway a while back)
+
Prizm Road Jade lens from OO9290-4631 (from .com I think black Friday two years ago)

1614390687406.png

Lately I've had this mindset of taking hold of past things that really counted for me, and this is one of them.

One of my highest points of excitement with Oakley was my first Jawbreaker. I was salivating over getting it, ever since the blackout prototype was seen on Cav at the prior TDF. I actually didn't want the Cav color, but it was the first one for the first 1-2 months. I couldn't wait. Wore it out the store and around town making sense of the then-brand new Prizm. Same pair I used in the review in 2015.

Over time, I got the Uranium pair I originally wanted, deals on other colors and lenses to customize, took the expensive route piecing together a full matte black build that I also longed for — to match the prototype. I was supposed to have a custom from you-know-who and well, you know... That pair sent had a white main frame and the Cav accessory rings + stems. That's as much as I'll say about that, because at this point it's just spilt milk.

I never rotate pairs despite liking them, and I've just kept using my matte black build on the regular. Now my main pair here going forward continues with that frame, and what really could've been the only frame I ever needed in hindsight.

2015 wasn't that long ago, but the Jawbreaker will probably be on its way out sooner than later. Mark Cavendish is probably due to retire soon too, unfortunately.

Latest Posts

Back