• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do U Use To Care For Your Lenses?

The cleaning kits i have never get dirty, because my lenses dont ever get wiped down without being washed with soap and water first. I cringe when i see people wipe their dirty glasses with the microfiber. Its the same group that writes "wash me" on a dirty car with their fingers. The cleanest microfiber in the world will still f**k up a dirty pair of lenses. So when you wash your lenses first, you never have to clean your microfiber, and you never have to worry about scratched lenses.

The cleaning kits i have never get dirty, because my lenses dont ever get wiped down without being washed with soap and water first. I cringe when i see people wipe their dirty glasses with the microfiber. Its the same group that writes "wash me" on a dirty car with their fingers. The cleanest microfiber in the world will still f**k up a dirty pair of lenses. So when you wash your lenses first, you never have to clean your microfiber, and you never have to worry about scratched lenses.
Interesting. Do you remove the lenses from the frame first? Also, would this be detrimental to gunmetal frames (as they are kinda rough/porous)?

Interesting. Do you remove the lenses from the frame first? Also, would this be detrimental to gunmetal frames (as they are kinda rough/porous)?
I remove the lenses every time, unless the frame is X metal, then i do it every third time. If the frame is a factory Oakley finish, you will not hurt anything as long as you are patient and take your time. Practice on crappy frames first.

Hey all, just wondering when you all put your sunnies on display what do you use to care for them without scratching the lenses? Also does anyone use hydrophobic spray to help?

Cheers! JP

After I rinse and use the kit, I message them with the thighs of virgins.

I use the kit too but most often use compressed air to blow the dust off the lenses and shelves, working top to bottom. Did it last night as I prepared for some new additions... :rolleyes:

Back