• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do You Guys Think Of The BOB BURNQUIST SIGNATURE SERIES

darklide

Oakley Beginner
21nphn6.png

BOB BURNQUIST SIGNATURE SERIES RECYCLED FUEL CELL SUNGLASSES

Oakley skateboarder Bob Burnquist has long championed Green initiatives in environmental protection. To show support, Oakley is pleased to present this special edition FUEL CELL eyewear. The frame is made from excess materials that come from the manufacture of other eyewear, and the eco-conscious design utilizes bamboo for the icon accents and included storage bag. We even made the packaging from recycled materials and soy-based ink. A portion of the proceeds from sales of the Bob Burnquist FUEL CELL will go to the Action Sports Environmental Coalition (ASEC), an organization co-founded by Bob in 2001. With the help of athletes and companies, the organization takes a proactive approach to educate others about environmental responsibility. Oakley is honored to assist in these efforts.

Re: What do you guys think of the BOB BURNQUIST SIGNATURE SE

I had a pair of the BB gascans and i sold them. I really liked them and I liked the green initiative that was taken in making them as well. However, as i wore them I found that the wood accent was not disentegrating, but like splintering away almost. It seemed to just slowly be losing layers and that was a turnoff for me. I dont know if anybody else had this problem or it was just my pair (however I doubt it was a defective pair because Oakley makes very high quality products) In the end I think as a piece to put in a case these would be great to have. To wear them regularly, not so much.

Back