• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do You Guys Think OIH

See I still disagree with that... X Metals are done. They will not be made of X Metal for one and the current models are ending for two. I'm not saying I won't like what comes out in their place, I'm just saying that they will not be X Metals and that will kill some of the magic. Plus, I'm wary of Lux era pricing...if the Pit Boss is any indicator we'll be paying more for less special, less complex designs and materials

Yea I talked to the guy at the Houston vault. They want to have it all at foot hills and can't deal with titanium there. I think the true x metal line is dead.

Yea I talked to the guy at the Houston vault. They want to have it all at foot hills and can't deal with titanium there. I think the true x metal line is dead.

I also heard that the X-Metals are going to be produced in house at Oakley. But let me ask a stupid question, why can't they deal with ti there?

The process used to manufacture the proprietary alloy that metals are made from (its not JUST titanium) is extremely volatile and has explosive properties. Plus, from what I'm told, the sheer space needed to house the production operations won't fit inside the California based facilities anyway. I suspect this new line is going to be something dealing with Carbon Fiber, Aluminum etc or some combination thereof.

Good to know, thanks. Looks like I ordered my IH Juliet's just in time (like literally minutes ago)!

back to the OP comment, you could do an XS IH but it would take alot of cost and work. You'd have to strip the rubber off an IH Juliet or order one of the sets on eBay, get a Plasma XS frame and then make sure someone like Dr Chop had a donor lens for Violet he could cut. I would say its doable....but it would cost in the $400-$425 range.

Back