• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do You Think Of The New Frogskins??

stevencg said:
I heard that this is the last year for frogskin releases from a rep

Ugh, don't tell me that. I was hoping to grab another pair without spending $300. Can anyone else confirm this?

not true, they wont get ride of them that easy. there to popular. they only make a small number of them and then the series is done. thats how its been for a while.

I suppose that wouldn't be a bad thing, however I doubt O would axe them again. Dispute the huge prices Frogs sell for these days Oakley doesn't see more than retail. It's the sharks on flee bay that make the real cash and us dumba$$es that buy them.

you realize that oakley owns rayban right? so its not really copying. also if you really look they arnt really anything like the wayfarer. its like saying the holbrook is copying the frogskin. its kind of similar but a totally different point of view on the style.

i like the Holbrook more and it´s fit´s better for my face...
the Frogskin is a great idea for collectors but i would prefer more Art series! those are really a piece of ART for me!

you realize that oakley owns rayban right? so its not really copying. also if you really look they arnt really anything like the wayfarer. its like saying the holbrook is copying the frogskin. its kind of similar but a totally different point of view on the style.

You are mistaken. The Company who owns Rayban and 90% of the sunglass labels on the planet is Luxxotica. They bought Oakley afew years back. Oakley owns nothing, but is owned! I know, cos I worked for Oakley before, during and after the takeover.

In my opinion Oakley dropped the ball a little with the Acid Series Frogskins, for me the Acid Series are just 'meh'. Different frame colours all with the same lens? And apart from the Acid Black and maybe Acid Blue, the other frame colours looked cool for about a week, then everybody realised they were just a fad. I don't understand why they all came with grey lenses either as half of the cool factor for me with the Frogskins is the lens colour combos; ruby, red, gold, blue etc. That's probably why there's such a market now for VL lenses, as people are swapping out the grey lenses on the Acids to make something a bit better. The upcoming Blacklight series mix things up a little but it still seems to be a very 'fad' run of Frogskins (but yes, I'll probably still be buying them).

I prefer the more classic Frogskins look, something a little more every day wearable rather than in fashion this week out of fashion next week as the current runs seem to be.

Back