• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Do You Think When

I like to give them a nod or wave. I like to see people out in their Oakley glasses. Surprising it's not all that often I see them here in Florida. Costa and cheap glasses mostly.
If I see some one with a really nice pair on I'll try to talk to them, I totally disregard any one in all white gascan, fuel cell, or the like.

I can count on one hand the number of people I've seen with X-Metals out and about. One guy had a pair of Plasma/Fire Juliets standing in line at Panda Express. Refused to take em off inside.

...another guy was coming in with his girlfriend/wife and we both did a double take as we both had Carbon/Ice Juliets on our heads. My reaction was tempered when he looked at me again and uttered 'the f*** are you looking at'. I like seeing Metals in the wild, but the some of the people that wear them seem to be colossal douches.
THIS. alot of the non-collectors/ enthusiasts that can afford to spend on Xmetals at full retail are usually either such posers (refuse to take off their sunnies INDOORS) or are just d-bgs like you experienced. if that guy was an enthusuast you would have burst into a conversation about metals.. but no..

ive seen so many people on the train refusing to take off their plasma/ice or their ducati juliets... or even those white with jade mframes... probably just trying to get noticed. downright silly haha

I mostly only see Gascans and Oil Rigs here in Melbourne. I swear, they're like the bogan's sunnies of choice, every tradie has them. The only rarer sunnies I've seen worn was an X-squared polished pair with violet lenses (some guy on the tram had these) and when I was at the airport in Canberra, I seen a guy wearing Ducati Juliets.

I work in law enforcement so most guys I work with wear Oakley glasses. Mostly Flaks, Half Jackets, Gascans, Fives, Fuel Cells. Most have the SI stuff so a lot of black. I change it up every once in a while and wear my black Fatcats, or my Dark Carbon Mag Switches. Most of the Cops in the area where I live wear Oakleys as there duty glasses.

Wow this thread 'sploded fast!

I don't know how I would react if a LEO rolled up in a pair of Dark Carbon Mag Switches. They were the hardest mag colorway for me to find so I appreciate them a little more and they would be a very cool statement in uniform. Sweet.

I do look when I see the logo but hardly ever see another pair of XMetals.

See a lot of OMatter glasses here in SA. I'll always stop & try to have a conversation when I see a rare/unusual pair on someone & most people tend to be nice enough and even willing to learn about their glasses if they bought them just for the looks. My XS do seem to get attention as they are not very common in South Africa.

i look for them in public and will try to strike up a conversation when i see them. i have also noticed when I have seen a pair of Romeos i find myself wondering if that was my pair that were stolen, but then i realize they are usually older men wearing them and probably bought them himself and just takes care of them.

i usually get noticed and comments when I wear my eye jackets. People still remember them fondlly and wish they still had thiers. They usually procede to tell me which colors they had and what happend to them. I can't bring myself to tell them I have that pair at home.

I've seen one pair of Pitboss' and the odd pair of X-Metals. I live in Calgary which is the most booming city in North America, so it surprises me that I don't see more out and about.

The first thing I always notice though it how badly people treat them! When you can see the scratches or GOUGES from five feet away, you need to learn how to treat your stuff properly!

Saw a guy wearing some red crystal/+red frogs in a restaurant the other day which was pretty surprising. Really though, there isn't much to wear these days compared to say 1999-2002 when Oakley was killin it. Just my opinion. Sure there are some really nice pairs; but everyone wears them and ignores most of the other stuff. I admittedly own oil rigs and batwolfs for my every day pairs; but I try to mix them up to make them different then what everyone else is wearing. Plus Juliets dont work on my fat head :( which has put me in search for some xx when I can afford them.

i look for them in public and will try to strike up a conversation when i see them. i have also noticed when I have seen a pair of Romeos i find myself wondering if that was my pair that were stolen, but then i realize they are usually older men wearing them and probably bought them himself and just takes care of them.

i usually get noticed and comments when I wear my eye jackets. People still remember them fondlly and wish they still had thiers. They usually procede to tell me which colors they had and what happend to them. I can't bring myself to tell them I have that pair at home.

im guilty of that haha. when someone says somethign about a pair i have.. i inadvertently blurt out "hey, ive got that one at home" out of pure excitement.

I've seen one pair of Pitboss' and the odd pair of X-Metals. I live in Calgary which is the most booming city in North America, so it surprises me that I don't see more out and about.

The first thing I always notice though it how badly people treat them! When you can see the scratches or GOUGES from five feet away, you need to learn how to treat your stuff properly!

YES. saddest thing to see messed up sunnies. then again.. collectors seeing my Romeo1's may be concerned.. i am running the original lenses in them currently, and the etched lens has a massive abrasion mark on it... real ugly, but still wearable (out of my line of vision). waiting for lenses to come so i can cut a new pair..

I had a cop pull me over a few months back wearing an early Armstong Sig M frame. At the NYE party we went to we were sitting at a table while Kim was playing circle of death, I was driving plus I know the game, so I wasnt playing. After a bit the guy sitting next to me notices both Kim and I had on Oakley hoodies and asked if I has any glasses. We spent 30 or so minutes talking Oakleys. He is Military so he has the shades, boots, gloves, etc. Ran into a guy in FL running the bait shop on a pier with some ruby XS. I see them but not to much of the rarities. The guys at the vault always like to see what Im wearing in for a visit.

Back