• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What does anyone know about Sunglass hut

There are a few thread topics here on SGH. For me, the few times I have bought from them, I never have had a good experience.

Everything from scratched lenses and/or frames, missing accessories, no original box. The customer service, especially in stores, however have been pretty positive. Majority of employees have no clue, but they have been friendly.

If you don't have a O store near you, a SGH is good to get a feel and try on some frames you are interested in or just browse around. If I find a frame I like, ill then order on the Oakley site.

Funny that there should be a thread about SGH. I was in one last Wednesday and have to say I was shocked. There were a couple of families with kids and the kids were getting their hands all over the merchandise (with no one telling them off). When I looked at all the sunglasses they were really filthy. I would not purchase from there and explains why some people have had bad experiences. This is not a reflection on all SGH outlets but highlights the problem of having expensive sunglasses on display and people who do not care.

Interestingly they had very few Oakley frames.

In some regard I think of online as being the best option as you generally get brand new items sent and nobody has the chance to fiddle around with the box and accessories. The only downside, you have to know what you want beforehand.

Not sure about the rest, but SGH in Singapore is the worst place possible to get your beloved O imo. Their sunglasses are stored in hard plastic bags (not inside mf bag!!!) - resulting in lots of scratches on the lenses and frames. Frames on display are worse.

My experience is SGH mall stores suck. Abused merchandise. Stand-alones are okay to try stuff on and by online. All legit stuff though!

SGH display product isn't any worse than O Store stuff- both are heavily used and abused....but isn't that kind of the point? The difference is in the sale product where O Stores sell truly new product with all packaging and SGH sells what people have noted... practically thrown in a drawer. Although my experience IS somewhat limited - of the countless 10s of thousands of dollars I've spent on Oakley the last 20 years only about $1,000 has ever been purchased outside eBay or this forum

OAKLEY released a SHG-exclusive Ferrari model with Ruby lenses (Canteen) a couple years ago. I didn't have a choice but to go there to buy it. Service was not bad, I remember the salesman was actually out when he remembered he had one on a stand at the window, behind that big Ferrari/OAKLEY sign, not sure you'll remember. It was not a bad service actually. It was the only time I've been to SGH though.

I'll have to go again since OAKLEY released another couple of Ruby models through them (Moonlighter and TieBreaker). I hope it will be another good experience hehe

In some regard I think of online as being the best option as you generally get brand new items sent and nobody has the chance to fiddle around with the box and accessories. The only downside, you have to know what you want beforehand.

I've ordered from SGH online and received obviously used sunglasses from them. Scratched lenses, fingerprints and all. I've just stopped even looking in there all together.

I've ordered from SGH online and received obviously used sunglasses from them. Scratched lenses, fingerprints and all. I've just stopped even looking in there all together.
Good to know! Although when I said online I should have been a little more specific I did not mean SGH. Certainly struck off now as an option.

I've never had any issues with SGH in terms of sunglasses quality. The local Oakley selection varies wildly from town to town. The SGH and the SGH in Macy's here both suck locally in terms of selection. I went to a couple of SGH shops in Atlanta and they seemed top notch to me... The staff can be clueless as some of us said.

Ordered from their site once, I had nothing bad to say about it. Received all the paperwork and stuff that went with the product.

That being said, only thing I get from SGH here is the cleaning solution because I see nothing I want there.

I assume they do it by in-store fulfillment since Macy's and FinishLine do that. Firsthand, I know how lazy that'd **** get when I saw other people return stuff that shouldn't have been picked for them in the first place. I don't know what store associates are thinking when they can take another minute to inspect the item for obvious flaws or even just declare it not-in-store so the system moves to another branch.

Back