• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What does anyone know about Sunglass hut

Haven't had any bad experiences. Yes, they're going to give you display floor models but, do the inspecting yourself and if you see scratches don't buy them. They have different deals here and plus the coupons that go out about every quarter plus your birthday.

Agree with most of what has already been said here... I go to sunglass hut for two reasons. First, to try on pairs with the intention of going home and ordering them online. Or second, to purchase sunglass hut exclusive pairs. Their prices are rarely competitive with other sources, even with coupons. My local sunglass hut (inside macys) is run by some good folks, and one guy is a real Oakley enthusiast, so I like to stop by just to chat. But, their display cases are unlocked and accessible by anyone, so I'm always skeptical as to how their products may have been treated. I will only buy from SGH after a thorough cleaning and close inspection. Your mileage may vary from store to store.

Agree with most of what has already been said here... I go to sunglass hut for two reasons. First, to try on pairs with the intention of going home and ordering them online. Or second, to purchase sunglass hut exclusive pairs. Their prices are rarely competitive with other sources, even with coupons. My local sunglass hut (inside macys) is run by some good folks, and one guy is a real Oakley enthusiast, so I like to stop by just to chat. But, their display cases are unlocked and accessible by anyone, so I'm always skeptical as to how their products may have been treated. I will only buy from SGH after a thorough cleaning and close inspection. Your mileage may vary from store to store.

Agreed, I only go there to try on sunglasses.

I would not buy from Sunglass Hut in a million years. It's all genuine merch, but abused, and the employee don't typically know jack. Support the little guys people. Find private opticals, with trained professionals, who like their jobs, that sell Oakley and offer good service. If you can't, I guess you have no other choice.

PS, I do like pizza hut. Especially the bread sticks.

I would not buy from Sunglass Hut in a million years. It's all genuine merch, but abused, and the employee don't typically know jack. Support the little guys people. Find private opticals, with trained professionals, who like their jobs, that sell Oakley and offer good service. If you can't, I guess you have no other choice.

PS, I do like pizza hut. Especially the bread sticks.
Pardon my naiveté, Chris... I just assumed the private opticians catered towards folks with their prescriptions. So anyone can go in there and get some Oakley sunglasses? I never thought to do that.

But here, from what I can tell, these new glasses shops heavily peddle RX. Maybe I'm not looking at the right places.

As I said, I haven't really had any problems with my local SGH besides the lack of selection. There is a Sunglass World here in a mall also with more Oakley, but it's nothing to write home about either.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
I guess that's probably why my office does so well in our area. We also love non RX people. @QLR1 We stock about 70-100 Oakley sunglasses at a time. Plus about 50 rx frames. So ya, we actually stock more sun than RX! Cool right!? It's fun too. Educate a buyer, answer questions, share the passion lol. No high priced lens options to sell, less time spent per transaction, plus I love stealing loyal customers from "the Man" and I don't mean myself hehe.

I guess that's probably why my office does so well in our area. We also love non RX people. @QLR1 We stock about 70-100 Oakley sunglasses at a time. Plus about 50 rx frames. So ya, we actually stock more sun than RX! Cool right!? It's fun too. Educate a buyer, answer questions, share the passion lol. No high priced lens options to sell, less time spent per transaction, plus I love stealing loyal customers from "the Man" and I don't mean myself hehe.
Awesome... That's one thing I hate about little Ole Tallahassee. It's on the up and up, but there isn't much variety. In my case, new opticians stores, but they are chains hawking the RX, the exam, and the 2 for $70. Something tells me they aren't looking for the dude who wants $180 non RX Oakley.

Sent from Q's Note5

I bought my Oakley's from Sunglass Hut recently (Deep Water Prizm, Flak Jacket 2.0) and overall I had a very positive experience. The salesperson was very polite. He did not really know much about Oakley's, but at least he was honest about that and told me up front.

He got me a pair from new stock (not a display pair) that was still all wrapped up and had never been tried on.

Plus, not only did I get all of the included accessories, he also gave me an Oakley hard case as well as the microbag and extra nosepads. I'm not sure if including the Oakley hard case was a mistake on his part or if he was just being kind, but ordering the exact same thing on Oakley's website includes the microbag and extra nosepads only.

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about Sunglass Hut, but as others have mentioned I would be cautious about buying a display pair. Ask if they have want you want from new stock. Just my opinion.

Latest Posts

Back