• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

šŸ¦˜What does it look like where you are right now? Post your pic here!

Was that with 70% humidity and it ā€œfelt likeā€ 130? The highest document temps is 122 in 1990 and 1995.
134 in 1913

Import to note - the ā€œair measurementsā€ that are being recorded, are specifically not accounting for external factors.
I.e. they donā€™t measure over concrete because it effects the reading, etc. (which would be higher)

Iā€™ve been in high 120ā€™s and low 130ā€™s in various locations.

And that, my friends, is why I have been in Yuma, Death Valley, Phoenix, West Texas and 29 Palms and wondered why everyone thought it was hot...

110-117 degrees feels excellent, especially to someone from Houston or New Orleans or Mobile or Birmingham etc etc...

ā€œWall of textā€

Yup well aware of how the body works. Also lived in similar environments with stupid humidity. 123 is 123, 90 is still 90 with some water on top. . If you talking the proper steps itā€™s easier to mitigate 90 and high humidity than 117.

134 in 1913

Import to note - the ā€œair measurementsā€ that are being recorded, are specifically not accounting for external factors.
I.e. they donā€™t measure over concrete because it effects the reading, etc. (which would be higher)

Iā€™ve been in high 120ā€™s and low 130ā€™s in various locations.

Thatā€™s why I asked ā€œfeelā€. Didnā€™t realize you around since 1913, keeping it relative. Props for a long and prosperous life so far. #blessed

Sweating is our body's way of cooling itself. Obviously when we get too hot we sweat, and the sweat evaporates off our skin.

Evaporation is a cooling process, so when we sweat in dry air, our skin will cool. This evaporation process is the same reason why when you get out of the shower, you are cold.

When the air is saturated with water, like on a humid day, evaporation is much slower. The air is already full of water, and canā€™t hold much more.

Your body will sweat in an attempt to cool itself, but you only end up wet and hot without this sweat evaporating.

Low humidity will make the air feel cooler. For example, if the air temperature was 100 degrees, with a dry dewpoint of 25, the heat index would only be 93. This type of hot dry air is common in the western United States in summer.

As a man with a chem degree, a splendid explanation.

The short version is that in Vegas/Phoenix/etc you donā€™t need to gold bond your balls. In Houston, you definitely do.

Was that with 70% humidity and it ā€œfelt likeā€ 130? The highest document temps is 122 in 1990 and 1995.
It was 40 years ago when I was a kid was probably closer to the 120 mark was definitely 85 in the hotel room with the a/c on so it was very hot outside if the a/c didn't cool off

90% humidity at 8:30 AM

Screenshot_20190810-083956_Weather.jpg

Latest Posts

Back