• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
For what it's worth, cut your losses, buy some real metal from someone on the forum, don't ever lose them, and you will have a pair of the best shades ever made for a very long time.

Good idea on the metal. We learn by making mistakes, right? Thank you to Juliemac07 as of right now, a meeting between myself and store manager Felix (La Cantera store #171, San Antonio) has been arranged for tomorrow. I live in Corpus Christi and that's about a 2 hr drive but that's okay as I will be passing through San Antonio tomorrow anyway. Fingers crossed. Regardless of the outcome, I consider myself blessed in many ways and this isn't worth losing sleep over. Thanks guys!

So happy to hear this!!
Good idea on the metal. We learn by making mistakes, right? Thank you to Juliemac07 as of right now, a meeting between myself and store manager Felix (La Cantera store #171, San Antonio) has been arranged for tomorrow. I live in Corpus Christi and that's about a 2 hr drive but that's okay as I will be passing through San Antonio tomorrow anyway. Fingers crossed. Regardless of the outcome, I consider myself blessed in many ways and this isn't worth losing sleep over. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've been researching this issue, and I disagree with the degradation hypotheses. Many people are blaming oils from the skin/hair, hair products (ie. hair spray, gel), and wear and tear. This issue is a fundamental defect in the manufacturing of the silicone. How do I know? I own a CrossLink that had 2 pairs of temples. One pair I did not wear at all, and the earsocks "silicone" melted the same as a pair that I wear everyday. This is a severe manufacturing defect that Oakley should take ownership upon.

Thanks for the warm welcome

the model is Oakley Mens Crosslink Sweep OX8033-0155Satin Black Eyeglasses - Rx Ready

I have attached a picture to show the damage, surprised to hear that these eye socks are not even in warranty covered, I guess there is also no place I can buy the replacement? effectively means Oakley glass will last as long as the eye socks? That doesn't sound too good as it obviously doesn't last long....View attachment 537230

Did you try to eat it?

You can extend the life of the ear socks significantly if you wash the oil off of them after you wear them. It keeps the rubber fresh. I wash all mine with soap and warm water after use, and for my Rx frames I wash them at the end of every day. Maybe I just make a lot of oil, lol.

+1^ I do the same, mostly because I don't want to don oily sunglasses the next day.

YES, I know the feeling....
BTW Im looking for a Crosslink Sweep If you have one Im interested

20210310_190611.jpg

20210310_191352.jpg

x.JPG

Back