• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Oakley O Matter material makes up some of the most popular sunglasses today like the Gascan and Holbrooks.
But what exactly is “O Matter” and what does it actually do for your sunglasses? Well, the answer is part science, part marketing but overall pretty simple.
Keep reading for everything you need to know about this innovative lens technology!

What is Oakley O Matter?
Oakley O Matter is a patented Nylon composite used in sunglasses and goggles frames. O Matter is durable, flexible, and sweat resistant.
Oakley is known for its endless jargon for the materials and technology used in its sunglasses. O Matter is simply the trademarked marketing term Oakley has come up...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your time.
I have a question:
What do you think about presciption Eyeglasess on O Matter material? is it recommended?

If O-Matter is partly Nylon based, then does that mean when you go out hiking, hunting, fishing/etc/etc that it would be bad to have DEET based repellant near it? I use Picaridin based repellent already because it won't eat away at nylon-based fabrics or my camera lens coating/etc like DEET will.

Hi, thanks for your time.
I have a question:
What do you think about presciption Eyeglasess on O Matter material? is it recommended?
There are a lot of Prescription glasses in Oakley's catalog that are o-matter frames, about 79 choices to be exact (including the Holbrook).

1621305651659.png

The material is pretty rigid just being worn, but can withstand the slight bends and what not on the models that are designed to have their lens interchanged (not sure if this is recommended to be done with prescription lenses or if the mount is any different). They even have Flak 2.0 XL available for prescription.

I have a pair of Oakley Batwolf, and they keep falling off, and are now scratched as a result. At what’s temperature doesn’t the frame become mouldable? I want to reshape them stay on better.

I have a pair of Oakley Batwolf, and they keep falling off, and are now scratched as a result. At what’s temperature doesn’t the frame become mouldable? I want to reshape them stay on better.

Get a frame that has unobtanium earsocks an/or nosebombs and that will solve your problem. There are a few pairs that are similar to a batwolf but have the rubber on the frame.
I’ve never had a frame fall off that had earsocks and nosebombs including on rollercoasters

Back