• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What fills your glass?

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
D

digi7alph0enix

The more I post in the Whats On Your Plate thread, the more I feel the need for another thread just to share whatever you may be drinking. Over the years there have been some really interesting drinks that are new to me and many others and I think it would be nice to have one place to share all of them, and maybe get a little more info about them. Some that come to mind are some of the beers shared by @kronin323, and some of the drinks that @Litos shared while he was outside the US. And of course, many of us drink (alcohol or otherwise) when we aren't sitting down for a meal. With that I'd like to share my first submission and something that came highly recommended by a few members here, Chimay Red 7% ABV.

20150803_183100_HDR.jpg

After that I finished off what I had left of my Boulevard Brewing Chocolate Ale, 6.2% ABV. This stuff is great, but hard to find locally besides the growlers my local store sells. The chocolate flavor usually pairs well with the higher ABV stouts that I drink regularly but it really shines in this ale, especially after a day or two in the fridge after purchase. I'll be sad to see this one go since the store doesn't carry it in bottles.

20150803_190544.jpg

So, what fills your glass?

And a new one I just picked up today. Part of the Smokestack Series from Boulevard Brewing, Tell Tale Tart. 6.2% ABV and a sour ale. Very interesting flavors.

uploadfromtaptalk1438652761007.jpg

Do any of you guys brew your on? Been thinking about giving it a try as I can't find any I really like

Do any of you guys brew your on? Been thinking about giving it a try as I can't find any I really like
I haven't done it as an adult, but as a teenager I used to get these bags of "brew your own" beer from my grandpa. All you really did was add water and wait and I wasn't a fan of them. It would get you drunk but it wasn't an enjoyable experience getting there.

I've been contemplating getting into it in recent months. There's actually a store locally that sells everything to make it from scratch. I need to stop in there one day. Really though I'd like to try my hand and making the stronger stuff.... Not a fan of the feds showing up though.

I homebrewed a for few years about 15 years ago. Still have all the equipment; were I to get back into it (which I consider now and then) I could produce four cases a month.

The bitch was all the bottling, and washing those bottles after use. I was just looking at kegging when I stopped doing it.

I've tried a few examples but I've never really gotten into sour beers. Bitter, yes; sour, no.
Honestly the first few sips I wasn't impressed. It was cold but not as cold as I normally like beer, and kind of reminded me of the sour drinks they make for kids.

After it came up closer to room temperature the flavor was much better. The sour didn't taste so artificial and paired with the lemon garlic Turkey jerky I was eating it was actually quite good. I forgot to check the pack to see what the recommended temp is. This might be one that I leave out of the fridge.

I've tried a few examples but I've never really gotten into sour beers. Bitter, yes; sour, no.
I normally love sour tastes and strongly dislike bitter ones (can't bear coffee, for instance) but a sour beer does sound wrong. First time I tasted wheat beer I wondered if it had gone off cos the taste is so strange at first...

Latest Posts

Back