• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What fills your glass?

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
Tried this tonight. Tastes like cheap champagne with berries in it. Not a fan.

uploadfromtaptalk1439009618431.jpg

What does a bottle of that run?

You know, I don't recall exactly, maybe $80 - $100 for a 750ml bottle? I can check next time I go...

Really what I do for the fancy stuff, once a year my local liquor store chain does a "cost + $1" sale to reduce inventory before tax time. That's when I'll pick up a few bottles of the fancy higher-margin stuff.

But every day I can get two 1.75L bottles (3 1/2 liters total) of JW Red for $71 after tax. It ain't single malt, but it's still tasty and the price point is compelling for an everyday drink.

But during the cost + $1 sale, it's the same price, which shows how cheap they have it priced regularly - they call that sort of thing a "loss leader", items where they don't really profit but it brings people in who might buy other better-profit items while they're there.

Kinda like gas stations. Their profit margin on gas is razor thin, but they make money on people buying other stuff who stopped by for the gas.

You know, I don't recall exactly, maybe $80 - $100 for a 750ml bottle? I can check next time I go...

Really what I do for the fancy stuff, once a year my local liquor store chain does a "cost + $1" sale to reduce inventory before tax time. That's when I'll pick up a few bottles of the fancy higher-margin stuff.

But every day I can get two 1.75L bottles (3 1/2 liters total) of JW Red for $71 after tax. It ain't single malt, but it's still tasty and the price point is compelling for an everyday drink.

But during the cost + $1 sale, it's the same price, which shows how cheap they have it priced regularly - they call that sort of thing a "loss leader", items where they don't really profit but it brings people in who might buy other better-profit items while they're there.

Kinda like gas stations. Their profit margin on gas is razor thin, but they make money on people buying other stuff who stopped by for the gas.
Gotcha.

Decided to try this the other night. Pretty good! You get the taste of rootbeer with out the carbonation. The alcohol is barely tasted at the end.
uploadfromtaptalk1439155442357.jpg

Bought a bunch of different stuff from Founders Brewing in Missouri today. Starting off with their imperial stout. 10.5% ABV, 90 IBUs.

Very dark and almost like a coffee stout, good though.

uploadfromtaptalk1439166216889.jpg

Latest Posts

Back