• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What fills your glass?

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
I wasn't a fan of AMP. And i can't do diet soda.

Today was Monster Import, most days it's just Mountain Dew.

I need to get off the sugar water.
Love AMP. Only energy drink I do. And the diet crap isn't mine lol

Founders Brewing Dark Penance Imperial Black IPA. 8.9% ABV, 100 IBUs. Because fμck this day.

uploadfromtaptalk1439416155768.jpg

Another offering from the local Independence Brewery, Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout. Quite tasty without being too heavy.

20150813_214342.jpg
20150813_214348.jpg

Some history of the name... Convict Hill is a park in South Austin. But is used to be a quarry - back in 1881 the state capitol building burned to the ground. The design for the rebuild called for limestone, and they picked a spot in Oak Hill (now an area of South Austin) for the quarry. The State provided the labor, meaning convicts. The place got the name Convict Hill after eight convicts died working it between 1882 - 1885.

Ultimately nearly 280,000 cubic feet of limestone was removed from that site, and though it was used for the substructure and inner wall linings, it proved to be unsuitable for the building's exterior so red granite from Marble Falls was brought in for that role. The building was completed in 1888.

TexasStateCapitol-2010-02.JPG

Latest Posts

Back