• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Got You Into The X Metal Line? And Your 1st Pair.......

Dyeraudio

Juliet Enthusiast
How did the bug bite you? For me it was seeing Kenny Bernstien at Route 66 in Joliet wearing Polished Juliets....Brandon sported Penny's....Here is the handout card that started it all for me and X Metals....Could never really afford them until lately....
photo43.jpg

Thats a sweet card. I never cared much for Kenny... he always seemed like a ****, as a matter of a fact, most people I know named Kenny are that way but... I digress.... sweet card!

Yeah he was kinda stand-offish to me too but EVERYONE hounded him at the track...I guess after all those years racing you just want some privacy...I got about 6 autographs from him...Brandon is cool though...he will sign anything...got all his dragsters signed...he was happy to stand and wait as I grabbed about 9 panels off my diecast for him to sign.....

My first pair of Oakleys were Frogskins. I wore them for a year and then they were crushed by my friend's fat @$$ while at the beach. That's when i said to myself, "I'll buy metal frames so this doesn't happen again." So i bought E-Wires as my second pair. That's also when i decided that nothing else compares to Oakley and that's what i would buy from then on. A year after owning the E-wires, i found out a HS friend of mine worked for Oakley and i had her hook me up with her employee discount and i bought my 3rd pair: Polished/Fire Iridium Polarized Juliets.

Now i own about 12 pairs of Juliets; the most of any one frame in my collection.

I watched him do a couple interviews for TV at the track, turned on the charm and as soon as the camera was off... complete ****. Oh well. I never saw Brandon so I hope he is better.

I was always fond of the wires and when I got back from Iraq the last time my Flak Jackets needed repair so I came across the half X . I loved how they fit and looked. Up until the other day I was fine with only a few pairs of Oakleys. Now I want more that I can find lol.

TBH, Black Hawk Down. My wife bought it for my birthday with a few other DVDs a couple of years back and I finally paid attention to Eric Bana's sunglasses in the marketplace scene. It didn't make sense to me, because at the time I had no understanding of any Oakleys other than the M-Frame and it made no sense that he was wearing a pair that to me honestly looked fragile. Then I went online and actually looked up the Juliets and how popular they were and it kinda grew from there.

My first pair is down in my sig. Got em for my son being born.

TBH, Black Hawk Down. My wife bought it for my birthday with a few other DVDs a couple of years back and I finally paid attention to Eric Bana's sunglasses in the marketplace scene. It didn't make sense to me, because at the time I had no understanding of any Oakleys other than the M-Frame and it made no sense that he was wearing a pair that to me honestly looked fragile. Then I went online and actually looked up the Juliets and how popular they were and it kinda grew from there.

My first pair is down in my sig. Got em for my son being born.
Funny thing is the Juliets did not exist when the real incident happened. It has always been M frames that were used until the Flak jackets were released.

This is about X Metals guys...your first pair of X Metals......and what attracted you to them.......

Back