• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What happened to the Jupiter Squared?

KWard21

Oakley Beginner
I bought a pair back in 2014 and they were just recently stepped on and broke in half.. which isn't a huge deal they were falling off my face at this point, 6 years with them I was pretty happy about getting a new pair. But now they are no longer available.. They fit perfectly, tight enough light weight and they fit my face, unlike others that look too big or jot out at the top edges. Anyone have any input about what style is the next closest thing?

I bought a pair back in 2014 and they were just recently stepped on and broke in half.. which isn't a huge deal they were falling off my face at this point, 6 years with them I was pretty happy about getting a new pair. But now they are no longer available.. They fit perfectly, tight enough light weight and they fit my face, unlike others that look too big or jot out at the top edges. Anyone have any input about what style is the next closest thing?
Great pair. I had quite a few several years back. PM me once you’re eligible. I may still have a few

Jupiter Squared are my favourite frame. O claims the Holston is based on Jupiter Squared, but they are far less sporty. Holston lenses are a bit smaller, and there is no o-matter on the stems. I see the Holston as a more conservative look, while retaining some of the accents of Jupiter Squared, mostly just the flared stems.

I’m in a similar position - had a lovely pair of custom JS, broke them and ordered another custom pair and then left them later in in a hire care at DFW car rental return.

Gutted they’re not available now and frankly Holston is not the same.

Had mine for a decade. Broke today. Dying to get my hands on another pair

Can't understand why the Jupiter Squared Model was discontinued. This makes oakley an arbitrary brand like any other. why should i buy a new model that is simply not identical in design to that perfect jupiter squared model? What is the problem with not continuing to produce this model, except for some stupid managers at the top of that company. Because since other manufacturers have in the meantime better comparable models?
Bought some new Earcaps and glasses for my old jupiter. hopefully the frame never breaks down 😱

Back