• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

🦘What Interesting FACTS/TRIVIA Do You Know About Oakley?

Not an interesting fact about Oakley as such but I’m from the town in the UK called Letchworth where Oakley Europe/UK was headquartered in a little office. I once broke some eyejackets and they offered a choice of 4 frames, for free, as replacements. It had a friends and family shop that was amazing, I got a ski jacket for about £50, board shorts for £10, some sunnies for my wife for £50 plus some other bits. You used to be able to just pop in but then you had to ring up and make an appointment to visit. It was awesome, then they moved to Switzerland or something.

Well here in Mexico Oakley were Smuggled over the border, yes like somany things in the 80s were a great Monetary Crisis and guess what ! many things were suggled over the border for example: Levis Jeans, candys, hoodies, nike shoes, and Oakley Sunglasess here is how is done:
1. Get your USA visa.
2. Cross the border.
3. Go and buy you tottaly 2000 USD on anything you can get there
4. Cross the border ( wear all the clothes you can, ) and decalre your 2000 USD
5. Now that you are in Mexico you can sell all the stuff you legally brought for the double of its price.!
6. And that is 100% Legal
Even today is a way of living for many Mexicans they cross the border and buy cheap in flea markets and resell expensive here

Back