• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is P42 Iridium?

I will take a comparisson picture when I get mine. They are very nice to look through; like a darker persimmon color that is actually useable in brighter light. However, from the outside, the iridium coating is sort of blah...very plain looking in comparrison to HI Persimmon.

None of the pictures on the Vault web site do it justice, really. The Flak picture is closest to actual...but still way off. G30 Black Iridium is probably the best lens for comparrison, just imagine it with a persimmon base.

I just went to the Vault and snapped a few pics of the P42 lenses. They left a lot to be desired :(

image_zpsde78fdb5.jpg

image_zps0860a44f.jpg

note some MPH pairs come with P42, that are NOT iridium coated so all you get is a slighty darker persimmon lens..

What's up with that? Are those manufacturing errors? Maybe they had a batch that wasn't quite up to par and that's why they're all showing up on MPH pairs at the Vault, instead of new releases? Pure speculation there....

Is that the latest Craftsman frogskin hiding in the back of the top pic?

Edit: scratch that! On closer inspection it appears to be the Deuce Coup.

Back