• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is P42 Iridium?

What's up with that? Are those manufacturing errors? Maybe they had a batch that wasn't quite up to par and that's why they're all showing up on MPH pairs at the Vault, instead of new releases? Pure speculation there....
alot of MPH's come with the non iridium option on the lens. eg replacing black irid with grey etc... p42 is probably gonna be the new "bronze"/"Grey" lens they slap in MPH's.

As an aside -
Just wondering how much the Jawbones/RJs go for in the Vaults over in the U.S. ?

They ranged from like $99 for the Matte Carbon Fiber/Grey ones and like $209 for the Jupiter Camo, Team USA and the Echelons. They don't exactly give them away. Even the X Metals are still full price, other then the MPH Half X's. But our Vault kinda sucks and they never really get anything good :(

Is that the latest Craftsman frogskin hiding in the back of the top pic?

Edit: scratch that! On closer inspection it appears to be the Deuce Coup.

Those were just Acid Green ones, that were all finger printed and smudged...another thing I don't like about the DE wall.

As an aside -
Just wondering how much the Jawbones/RJs go for in the Vaults over in the U.S. ?

As was just stated, prices vary greatly on Vault Jawbones. I've seen MPH ones with non-matching lenses go for $100, and I've seen proper SKU'ed versions go for $130 - $200. I believe I got my Jupiter Camo Jawbone for $160; so there is also price discrepancy between Vault stores too.

I know I'm again late to this post, but it was one that interested me. I just got a vented set off Ebay for my racing jacket 2. I love these lenses out here on the coast! I'm wondering how many others have these in other frame styles.

The link is supposed to take you to the list of frames that were released with P42 lenses. Not sure if it's working though. So here is the list -

FlakJacket_MatteDarkBlue_P42.jpg

Matte Dark Blue
P42
42-429

HalfJacketAsian_Pearl_P42.jpg

Pearl
P42
42-431

MonsterDog_Pearl_P42.jpg

Pearl
P42
42-433