• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is prizm ruby good for?

Is there alot of variation betweens prizm ruby polarized lens? ..
At the risk of sounding crazy , I had the opportunity to look thru a friends prizm ruby polarized lens.. he had 2 frames. when held up to the light, one had more of a gold tint (which looked slightly more orange from outside) , and the other had more of a amber gray/green tint (which looked slightly more reddish from the outside).

Is this normal? Im fairly confident both frames are legit.

Is there alot of variation betweens prizm ruby polarized lens? ..
At the risk of sounding crazy , I had the opportunity to look thru a friends prizm ruby polarized lens.. he had 2 frames. when held up to the light, one had more of a gold tint (which looked slightly more orange from outside) , and the other had more of a amber gray/green tint (which looked slightly more reddish from the outside).

Is this normal? Im fairly confident both frames are legit.

depends on the curve of the lens. flatter lenses like Holbrooks or Toric curve lenses like Fuel Cells will show more sold red from the outside. lenses with more curve will show more orange/yellow the further away from the center of the lens you get.

I mentioned "everyone does not like prizm ruby" because i keep reading many reviews suggesting its cold and makes everything flat.
My question is how does it look from the inside as the wearer? I have no problem with the coating from the outside .. I think it looks great from the outside.
How different is prizm tungsten (as the wearer)?
The ruby has almost a blueish tint compared to the prizm tungsten with a light bronze base. Daily prizm, a grey base with a hint of purple. That is the best description I have without pics. Out of the three, first would be tungsten then Daily prizm and ruby in a distance third (mainly because of the change in colors at the edge of the lense, kinda fs with me).

As far as not too dark and not too light, maybe check out vr28 BI. It has a 18% light transmission with a brown base. It's kinda my daily go to.
🙂

Latest Posts

Back