• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Best/closest Store For Someone In The Philadelphia Area To Go To?

BennyBlaze

Oakley Beginner
Horsham, PA
I live in a suburb of Philadelphia (about 30 minutes out), and there are no Oakley stores or vaults anywhere near me. There is a Sunglass Hut in the 2 malls in my area, but Sunglass Hut has a terrible selection (in my opinion) and terrible employees (as stated in my other thread). I think there is a Macy's, Visual Eyes, Lens Crafters, "Solstice Store", and "The Eye Store" within my vicinity. I'm not sure which will have the best selection and prices (because I am on a tight budget). From what I've read Lens Crafters offers 40% off for Aetna (which I have) but I'm not sure what kind of selection they offer. Does anyone have any preferences or positive experiences they had at a certain store?

Any help would be great, thank you!

Horsham PA? by the old Naval Air Station at willow grove? The outlet at Limerick is pretty good if your in for taking a ride
check out the Vault at the Jersey Shore outlet in Tinton Falls or the O store at Bridge water Mall in NJ

Horsham PA? by the old Naval Air Station at willow grove? The outlet at Limerick is pretty good if your in for taking a ride
check out the Vault at the Jersey Shore outlet in Tinton Falls or the O store at Bridge water Mall in NJ

Limerick is only 40mi from Horsham... Thats not too bad.

Tinton Falls is 73mi....
And Bridgewater is only 45mi but sales tax in NJ is more than PA.

It's a shame we don't have more O stores in PA :mad:

Limerick is only 40mi from Horsham... Thats not too bad.

Tinton Falls is 73mi....
And Bridgewater is only 45mi but sales tax in NJ is more than PA.

It's a shame we don't have more O stores in PA :mad:

I agree Eckstream, the Vaults and O Stores are too concentrated and need to be spread out in order to get a more solid customer base.
Limerick is still 46 minutes away from me (google-mapped it) and I'd rather not drive that far unless I know there is something good there.

1st time poster here. I'll do the intro thing later but I live in Delaware (formerly Philly, PA) and there is an O Store in the Christiana Mall right past Wilmington. It is probably an hour and 15 minute drive for you but it is a straight shot down 95. Plus, tax free shopping! So what you may spend in gas is pretty much wiped away with the no tax.

1st time poster here. I'll do the intro thing later but I live in Delaware (formerly Philly, PA) and there is an O Store in the Christiana Mall right past Wilmington. It is probably an hour and 15 minute drive for you but it is a straight shot down 95. Plus, tax free shopping! So what you may spend in gas is pretty much wiped away with the no tax.

im located in maryland the this is the closest o store to me. they have a good selection and nice employees

Limerick is still 46 minutes away from me (google-mapped it) and I'd rather not drive that far unless I know there is something good there.

They have a bunch of Signature shades at the moment... Bruce Irons Hijinx, IH Juliet/Fuel Cell, Taca Gas Can, Ducati XX X-Metal/Scalpel/Fives Squared etc...
They also have two double-wides filled with sale/last chance stuff!

They also have tons of apparel like clothes, bags and shoes... As well as the Custom Program. They can customize any frame/lens combo.

It's about a 30mi drive for me from Reading but I get out there once a week... I'll have to check out the store in Christiana sometime!

Yeah crmnjst I'm about 3 minutes from the Naval Air Station. The thing is that I'm not trying to drive more than 30 minutes in order to get a pair of Oakley's. Going to Limerick and Chrisitiana would just be too much. I'll check around in my area first to see what the selection/prices are. However, I would like to get some on sale so I might call the Vault in Limerick to get some price information.

Keep your eyes open on Craigslist too... I buy tons of CL stuff!

Just know that when they say "mint" it really means "beat up"... But then you can just talk their price down.

Back