• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Best Donor Lenses For A Frogskins!

hanzohattori

Oakley Expert
Brunei
hi all! i need help for my custom project for my frogskins, any good tips on what donor lenses is best for it? any idea on the base curve for frogskins? what are other lenses for the same base curve? thanks in advance :crazypilot:

Bump!

I'm wondering the same thing, since I would want some lenses that don't exist* for Frogskins:

– Prizm Trail
– DWP
– SWP

I checked my Crossrange XL and they would probably do the trick, but the base curve is smaller than standard Frogskins. However, Frogskins PBP do have the same smaller base curve as Crossrange (both std and XL), so it should work if you accept the slightly different look. A bonus is lesser internal reflections though. :cool-20:

*Trail actually do exist, but only in fugly "special edition" models such as OO9013-F955. :headbang: You can't buy them as spare lenses anyway and I'd want a standard, black frame. Buying the whole pair of glasses and ditch the frame is of course a solution, but still more expensive.

Bump!

I'm wondering the same thing, since I would want some lenses that don't exist* for Frogskins:

– Prizm Trail
– DWP
– SWP

I checked my Crossrange XL and they would probably do the trick, but the base curve is smaller than standard Frogskins. However, Frogskins PBP do have the same smaller base curve as Crossrange (both std and XL), so it should work if you accept the slightly different look. A bonus is lesser internal reflections though. :cool-20:

*Trail actually do exist, but only in fugly "special edition" models such as OO9013-F955. :headbang: You can't buy them as spare lenses anyway and I'd want a standard, black frame. Buying the whole pair of glasses and ditch the frame is of course a solution, but still more expensive.

Wow, bring up the dead threads, try this

Wow, bring up the dead threads, try this

I did, but reading 64 pages... And there was nothing about Frogskins in the data sheets. :confused:

Edit: Maybe the search function sucks, or people are just not interested in putting specialty lenses into Frogskins. For me, they are the perfect Frames. Fits my face very well, looks good for casual use and for some strange reason works in hard wind too (for cycling...). I just enjoy wearing them but I don't enjoy that Oakley won't let me choose whatever lenses I want in them.

I did, but reading 64 pages... And there was nothing about Frogskins in the data sheets. :confused:

Edit: Maybe the search function sucks, or people are just not interested in putting specialty lenses into Frogskins. For me, they are the perfect Frames. Fits my face very well, looks good for casual use and for some strange reason works in hard wind too (for cycling...).

Because cutting lenses for frogskins isnt regularly done.

If I had to guess, I'd try some lenses from some ladies frames.

@SouLFuLFroG might know

Bump!

– Prizm Trail
– DWP
– SWP

Hiya

I can help out with this is you like..?
There are hundreds of len’s options that havn’t even been considered for hundreds of frames. I love finding donors for the hard to find stuff 👍🏼:)

Frogskins
Yes - Eyepatch (@hotley10)

Yes, but - Pitch (wrong BC)

No - Batwolf (@Rustpot), Jawbreaker (@Chris A Hardaway), Jupiter (@copilot), Ten (@Rustpot)

Frogskins, New
No - Batwolf (@Rustpot), Eyepatch (@Rustpot), Jawbreaker (@Chris A Hardaway), Jupiter (@copilot), Ten (@Rustp

Looks like eyepatch is the only one that will work

Eyepatch doesn't even exist on the Oakley site. I'm pretty new to Oakley, so I don't know about all the classic models.
But, I wouldn't draw the conclusion that it's the only one that works, just because it's the only lens where someone tried it successfully and reported it to whoever wrote the post about it.

Crossrange XL is larger in every direction than Frogskins, and should work, if one accepts the smaller base curve. Which as stated earlier is the same as OEM PBP Frogskins (that I have, and I've checked that they have the same magnification of reflected objects = same BC).

So, if there are no large-ish Prizm Trail with the correct BC, I might just try with Crossrange XL.

Hiya

I can help out with this is you like..?
There are hundreds of len’s options that havn’t even been considered for hundreds of frames. I love finding donors for the hard to find stuff 👍🏼:)

Thanks! I prefer to do the job myself, I think. But I'd be glad if someone could steer me in the right direction on what donor models to look for. 🤩

Thanks! I prefer to do the job myself, I think. But I'd be glad if someone could steer me in the right direction on what donor models to look for. 🤩

The only way to really find out is to have a huge selection of frames and start offering them up along side each other for curve and size etc.

I can say for example - the Correspondent will have the right curve but can’t say for certain that the size is large enough from memory without comparing them.

Latest Posts

Back