• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Best Watch To Sell In My Store?

So, I carry about 300 uniquely SKU'd Oakley frames and was considering getting just 1 watch to put on display as a unique centerpiece. I figured you guys may know more about watches than I do so I wanted to ask your opinions. The cheaper the price the better, we don't get high rollers in VA Beach. So what is the best looking, most popular while also being affordable Oakley watch I should sell?

Looks like available models are:
- Transfer Case
- Minute Machine
- Hollow Point
- Holeshot
- Gearbox
- Fusebox
- Bottle Cap
- 12 Gauge

Thank you for your input!

As far as best looks and affordability...
I would stick with the Holeshot, Gearbox, and of course the Minute Machine. IMO, the MM is Oakley's best looking watch line. It just screams Oakley.

The problem is you mentioned that you don't get "high rollers" over there.

Honestly if people are like that and you have a MM in your store they are going to love the watch till the second they find out the price. As soon as they find out the price you are going to hear the comment I've heard countless times. "I could get a R***x for that KIND OF MONEY!!!!" Then I tell them yeah, but you won't get the comments or looks with that watch that you get with this UNIQUE timepiece.

Of the following ......keep in mind most of them are pricey.....the only ones under 1k that I have said yes to are the Gearbox, Bottlecap, and Holeshot

- Transfer Case--NO
- Minute Machine--YES
- Hollow Point--YES
- Holeshot--YES
- Gearbox--YES
- Fusebox--NO
- Bottle Cap--YES
- 12 Gauge--YES

Honestly if people are like that and you have a MM in your store they are going to love the watch till the second they find out the price. As soon as they find out the price you are going to hear the comment I've heard countless times. "I could get a R***x for that KIND OF MONEY!!!!" Then I tell them yeah, but you won't get the comments or looks with that watch that you get with this UNIQUE timepiece.

Of the following ......keep in mind most of them are pricey.....the only ones under 1k that I have said yes to are the Gearbox, Bottlecap, and Holeshot

- Transfer Case--NO
- Minute Machine--YES
- Hollow Point--YES
- Holeshot--YES
- Gearbox--YES
- Fusebox--NO
- Bottle Cap--YES
- 12 Gauge--YES
I say go gearbox..for one it's affordable fort the vast majority of Oakley lovers/wearers.... The unub is a staple of Oakley so there's some history there....and it's vanilla infused so that's perfect for someone who's always working. Lastly they come in for lack of a better word tiers...the lets say white gear box is only what 650? Not too bad..if they have a little more money show them stealth .if they wanna step it up a notch they can go polished gearbox if they don't like the polished silver show them polished gold... too flashy go titanium (another staple of Oakley) gearbox and last but not least if you get that guy who has deeper pockets than your usual customers show him the Automatic that freakin' oxidizes according to your environment! Gearbox gives the customer the most options out off all of the other watches...and I f you work at a vault your probably have sale stealths going for like 400 . Hope this helps #VegasVault

LOL, so true. My 1st time seeing the MM I thought it was the coolest watch ever made(still is). I asked the sales guy if I can try it on followed by asking for the price. He said "$1400" I told him to forget about taking it out. IMHO, it is too much money for battery operated watch.

Back