• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the box for the polished MM? Plastic or wood

From my experience:
Legit Black MM's came in wood boxes with a metallic silver and red numbered inventory tag over the top flap of the outside box. This run appears to be actually the low volume promised at 150pcs
Legit Blue MM's came in the cheaper plastic box also with the same metallic silver and red numbered inventory tag over the top flap of the outside box. This run appears either many more than 150 or many knock-offs due to the constant availability compared to Black.
These numbered inventory tags appear to be tags to help manage store inventories.
It seems that many Blue MM's were purchased by store employees and often shipped without the outside box- which was probably stamped with one of those stamps "Final Sale" to prevent a return there or elsewhere at full retail. This stamping and maybe tags would be a clue to the origin of the watch and probably discarded for that reason.
My .02
Interesting on.property.tag stickers: Mine look like this:
20151104_212836.jpg

20151104_213008.jpg

So I have:
Blue Polished #13
Black polished #'s 40 & 76
Interesting to see if a registry comes from it...

Last edited:
I'm going to alter my answer slightly.

First.... yes to both because I know that for a fact.....but I've also seen now a ****LOAD of the blue and the black in the rubber box.

Got mine in a wooden box and happy with it
My hollow point came in the plastic box and it look cheap compare to the wooden one
Nothing to compare to the FMJ or TB2

Back