• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Difference Between Frogskin And Holbrook?

greg

Oakley Expert
Philadelphia
Ok yes, I am a dumbass for asking... but WTF is the difference other than Frogskin says oakley down the ear stem and holbrook has the Icon.... I just dont understand the difference? are frogskins more desirable, if so why??? Can someone help me out

Frogskins are more rounded and holbrooks are more square, holbrooks also have 2 dots on each side of the orbitals near the earstems

Just look at a picture of each, if you arent blind you should be able to see the differences

Ender everything you're talking about is really insignificant. The rounder part may not be... I am talking about what is the difference, Looks like the same frame, same marterial, etc etc etc is their a difference? and please dont say 2 pins next to the orbital yes i can see

What di
Ender everything you're talking about is really insignificant. The rounder part may not be... I am talking about what is the difference, Looks like the same frame, same marterial, etc etc etc is their a difference? and please dont say 2 pins next to the orbital yes i can see
What difference are you looking for exactly...

There's shape, colour way, lense size ... Pretty much everything is different AND the same at the same time...
Frog Skins are one of the original Oakley success stories... They've loved internationally ... There seems to be a good following in Japan...I believe Oakley tend to favour them and make more 'rarer' or limited editions ...

I like em a lot... They seem like the 'Everyman' style of frame... Good for every occasion and not exclusively good for one...

I don't really understand what more you want to know after someone pretty much explained the difference. Frogskins are rounder on the bottom while holbrooks are more square. Frogskins are more desirable because of their "retro" look and also they're very comparable to raybans which are very popular now. Also, frogs are more feminine in my opinion and holbrooks more for the male market even though i rock both. They're also collectible due to limited releases.

Wow, wouldnt want to sound like a d**k, right?

Well i was just wondering why did oakley make 2 glasses that are almost identical... Some of the differences i was looking for was the roundness and then they send the lenses are different sizes. To me i just dont get why you would manufacture something soooo similar. But what do i know?

Back