• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the lowest X-Metal serial number in your collection?

516B9813-DA81-4E6F-8E07-811939797502.jpeg

We’ve seen a couple of these 0000 WBCs. I presume they were samples or some such.

View attachment 799126
We’ve seen a couple of these 0000 WBCs. I presume they were samples or some such.

I posted somewhere else, I suspect these 0000 were preproduction pieces to have on hand should/when the Mariners won the World Series. Just as you see guys getting shirts hats googles etc handed to em during the celebration, Oakley would most certainly have pairs on hand after game 4 for issuing if they won the championship. I’m sure they’d have a few for Ichiro and his party of guys and most likely had extras should anyone else associated with the mariners wanted a set during the celebration of winning parades etc. I have no hard evidence to back this up but it certainly explains why there are so many 0000 frames out there I’ve counted at least a dozen or so I’ve seen in the last 2 years and all belong to different owners.

I posted somewhere else, I suspect these 0000 were preproduction pieces to have on hand should/when the Mariners won the World Series. Just as you see guys getting shirts hats googles etc handed to em during the celebration, Oakley would most certainly have pairs on hand after game 4 for issuing if they won the championship. I’m sure they’d have a few for Ichiro and his party of guys and most likely had extras should anyone else associated with the mariners wanted a set during the celebration of winning parades etc. I have no hard evidence to back this up but it certainly explains why there are so many 0000 frames out there I’ve counted at least a dozen or so I’ve seen in the last 2 years and all belong to different owners.
Mine was completely unworn and came from Japan, maybe some were for people connected with Ichiro back home rather than in Seattle?

Mine was completely unworn and came from Japan, maybe some were for people connected with Ichiro back home rather than in Seattle?

I’m sure he could give em to whomever. I’m betting they made let’s say for the sake of discussion 25 pairs. Had them ready for distribution if they won the championship. They’d hand em out (doesn’t mean you had to wear em hence the new in the box condition) for press day, celebrations, I’m sure they had some sort of parade or something in Japan given his popularity. Since they wouldn’t know BEFORE they won the series (otherwise they’d just bet everything on them winning and no longer need to work) they wouldn’t start producing them for sale so hence the lack of numbering given should the mariners NOT win the series they just have to destroy or whatever the 25 pair they made for the celebrations. I guess one could say if you have 0000 pairs you very well could have Ichiro’s personal pair although no way to prove that.

Mars number 205 is on eBay

Someone might wanna snag that. I personally not into the mars glasses