• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the lowest X-Metal serial number in your collection?

My lowest from R1 pairs
1613096588582.png

Is this straight font 51 more rare than the slanted 51?

I have a pair of straight font 51 that came with no frame back in the day. Trying to figure out which frame combo they originated from.
Came on all of em at some point. No real idea why. I have seen em all on each frame at this point even the carbon/blue.

I have a pair of straight font 51 that came with no frame back in the day. Trying to figure out which frame combo they originated from.
I can tell you with 100% certainty that the slanted script came first and the very first pair came with blue/green lenses with slanted script.

I think they are about the same. the hues tell me tha age of the lens tho. so green hue Ice/Blue and golden Emeralds are harder to find because they are older. which color do you have?

I think they are about the same. the hues tell me tha age of the lens tho. so green hue Ice/Blue and golden Emeralds are harder to find because they are older. which color do you have?
Hard to say but the straight font do appear to have a slight green to them, but not a rich green. Thanks for the info! Lots to learn.