• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is The Most Popular/ubiquitous Pair Per Era?

BlueOakley

Oakley Beginner
I mainly mean within Oakleys sport or active line (as opposed to Frogskins or Holbrooks etc which is from their fashion line, when it used to just be that all Oakleys were their fashion line).

For example, right now it seems like Flak Jacket has the most colors and seems to be everywhere that sells Oakley

Flaks are everywhere nowadays because they have a pretty large crossover. They're a sports frame that you can wear casually without looking like a tool. I know a lot of people that aren't athletes (or don't even excercise, for that matter) who own Flaks just for the looks...many folks dig half-frames and there are lots of frame and lens choices for the Flak.

I hardly ever see Radars, M-Frames, Fast Jackets or Jawbones/RJs worn outside of the sporting realm. Sure, there are exceptions (especially among members here), but Flaks are the #1 sports frame worn by non-athletes. I also think that once the Half-Jacket 2.0 gains some traction, it might also become a popular crossover frame.

when it used to just be that all Oakleys were their fashion line).
I'm not quite sure what you mean by this line. The first pair of Oakley glasses were the Factory Pilot System Eyeshade, basically goggles turned into glasses. Frogskins came to be, but the next few pairs were Blades and M Frames.

80's - Blades
90's - Eye Jacket
00's - Flak Jacket
2010's - Radarlock

And as another member said, Oakley's first pair of eyewear was the Eyeshade which was basically a goggle with stems so their eyewear wasn't started for fashion.

I think we're missing the original minutes on this list. Last 90's early 00's they were on everyone's face and in my opinion were what took Oakley from the Sports Specific into the everyday pair of shades.

The Minutes were there but the big names and stars were rocking the Eye Jacket's.

Either way, they are all very similar.

Back