• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What is the Oakley Museum??

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I see stuff in the classifieds going to "The Museum" and I am curious what this museum is and who is running it? Are the items going there being donated or is someone actually purchasing all these pieces to be displayed. From what I see its and online facebook page. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Actually when I first saw this thread, GRFM's & Frank's collection was what first popped into my head, as a joking response.

But then I remembered the real answer...

I met Joseph Smith at the Dallas meetup last spring. Really nice guy. His business is called Royal Lion photography (as seen in the watermark on his pics) and, on top of his already massive collection, he's putting together a collection of rare items for display and calling it the Royal Lion Museum of Sunglasses.

There's some comments about it in this sale thread:
For Sale - Rare Oakley Grenade Award - 100% Authentic! | Oakley Forum

Hello Everyone!

Yes, I am working on a Museum that will be opened in Houston, TX. I am currently moving there, and yes I do pay for everything that goes into the Museum. I just wish they were donated!....but I pay for everything in the Museum just as you would :)

My FB Royal Lion Museum of Sunglasses page is new, and once I am moved in about a month I will continue to photograph and put them on there for all to enjoy. The physical Museum has plans to be open in a few years.

Cheers and Thanks!

Joe Carson

Hello Everyone!

Yes, I am working on a Museum that will be opened in Houston, TX. I am currently moving there, and yes I do pay for everything that goes into the Museum. I just wish they were donated!....but I pay for everything in the Museum just as you would :)

My FB Royal Lion Museum of Sunglasses page is new, and once I am moved in about a month I will continue to photograph and put them on there for all to enjoy. The physical Museum has plans to be open in a few years.

Cheers and Thanks!

Joe Carson
Just remember....not EVERYONE uses that ............... "Facebook"

Back