• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Is *THE* Quintessential Frogskins?

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
If there was one design, series, pair, etc that defined Frogskins what would it be?

Essential to every collection, defines the lineage, exemplifies the style.

Not a holy grail, not the rarest, not your personal favorite per se. It could be a simple black frame, white logos, grey lens if you think that is the heart of the beast. Gen 1 originals through current.

In my mind I think of the Jupiter Camo pair, but I'm not well versed in Frogs.

I'm curious as to whether there's going to be any sort of consensus.

Edit: Oh and post pics!

Neon Yellow/Fire. These were the only pair that catch the craziness and nostalgia feel that these were meant for. Plus it was an original colorway when they were released and they aren't too terribly hard to find.

5727313701_40903aa2ff.jpg

One design that defined the Frogskins: 3rd generation. Model more suited to plastic hinge, better construction than predecessors, far more variety, rarity, collector appeal and fun.
One series that defined the Frogskins: Fade. Some other strong alternative options could include Acid Tortoise, PSJ, Supreme, Blacklight, and Summit.
One pair that defined the Frogskins: Blends. The brain blowing array of colours coupled with the Fire lens personifies the Frogskin vibrancy more that any other pair, in spades!
Essential to every collection: Acid Tortoise Green - Emerald, outstanding frame and lens combination, easy to find, inexpensive, a raucous network of luminous green insanity!

One design that defined the Frogskins: 3rd generation. - AGREE

One series that defined the Frogskins: Fade. - AGREE AND THEN SOME, OAKLEY SHOULD DO THIS AGAIN

One pair that defined the Frogskins: Blends. - A FINE PAIR BUT I WOULDN'T SAY IT DEFINED THE FROGSKINS

Essential to every collection: Acid Tortoise Green - Emerald - YOU'RE OFF YOUR ROCKER ON THAT ONE! /quote]

Clear w Violet. I believe it is the top selling Froggie colorway of all time.

Interesting, I would never have thought this was the top seller, I would have gone with Polished Black w/ Grey or Matte Black w/ Violet.

i think i may agree with Bats and say that the Neon Yellow/Fire to me, was the main colourway that most went crazy for. still commands a high price for a regular release pair for sure.

Back